Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a cool vanilla 300C off a lot today...been looking for quite a while now for the car that i really wanted so when i found it i bought it.. found two probs already...want to know if its common.. one- car pulls slightly to the right.. thought it was my imagination but im convinced it does..(has 89 miles on it) also the steering wheel sits on a slight angle when going straight ahead.. am i already in need of an alignment???
second thing.. where the hood meets the top of the front grill.. its not even!!!how can this be?? either the hood is warped down or the grill is too low.. has this happened to anyone else?
any postings would be greatly appreciated..thanx

·
Registered
61 Posts
the day i got the car home, i loosened the bolts for the hood and re-aligned it. however, this does not fix it entirely. i believe the nose on mine (and many others) is not on even. and maybe even the front quarter panels. in any case, it's bearable after i did the hood alignment. looks like a lot of work to align the other parts.

i just got a new set of front tires under warranty after only 2000 miles because the alignment was so bad from the factory it feathered the edges severely. i was in the habit of taking any new car to my alignment man but i got out of the habit too soon. don't beat up on Chyrsler for this, all the domestic and foreign manufactures do a crappy job of factory alignment. it's so common, that i think all cars should be checked during dealer prep, but they never are...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've noticed on many 300's that the gap between the hood front and front end of car is such that the gap is wider on one side and narrower on the other. Since the hood is a moving piece of the body, I never gave it much thought other than a simple observation.

I noticed on my 300C that the car is crown sensitive and drifts to the right-especially at slower than highway speeds. It drives straight in the middle lane on the freeway. My 1999 Sebring did the exact same thing. Still kind of annoying though. I did have my dealer check and perform an alignment.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
dealer

Take it back to the dealer those are both easy fixes. i had it done in a day.
If you look at the hood and fender and front you'll probably see there all off by a 16th. The front passenger door on mine was off too. Its just poor qulity from the factory no big deal.
The stearing wheel is probably the ESP. Read how to reset it after you have the dealer put on the aliment bolt kit. Most likely you will have to do it i dont think the dealer know how.
You wont belive this but i test drove a Magnum that had it and when i brought it to the dealer attetion he said they wouldnt fix it till someone buys the thing. :eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Scarbrs said:
Take it back to the dealer those are both easy fixes. i had it done in a day.
If you look at the hood and fender and front you'll probably see there all off by a 16th. The front passenger door on mine was off too. Its just poor qulity from the factory no big deal.
The stearing wheel is probably the ESP. Read how to reset it after you have the dealer put on the aliment bolt kit. Most likely you will have to do it i dont think the dealer know how.
You wont belive this but i test drove a Magnum that had it and when i brought it to the dealer attetion he said they wouldnt fix it till someone buys the thing. :eek:
that means they won't get reimbursed for the work by DC? so, don't do it unless customer complains. aah american integrity, don't you love it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
giovanni300c said:
just bought a cool vanilla 300C off a lot today...been looking for quite a while now for the car that i really wanted so when i found it i bought it.. found two probs already...want to know if its common.. one- car pulls slightly to the right.. thought it was my imagination but im convinced it does..(has 89 miles on it) also the steering wheel sits on a slight angle when going straight ahead.. am i already in need of an alignment???
second thing.. where the hood meets the top of the front grill.. its not even!!!how can this be?? either the hood is warped down or the grill is too low.. has this happened to anyone else?
any postings would be greatly appreciated..thanx
Ive gotten used to the crown sensitivity and I am keeping an eye on my tires. I had the pull issue and the dealer aligned it and rotated the tires. got much better...but...it is always on the back of my mind. Definately the pull is worse at low speed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes while standing there staring at my 300C Cool Vanilla as the deal was being finalized my hubby noticed the hood alignment off. Dealer readjusted the hood. I must say it's more even now, but not perfect. Something I can live with considering The Overall Look & Performance of Mrs SexC :) is TOPNOTCH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts