Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a red light come on just below the fuel gauge at the 5 o'clock position. The owner's manual describes every other light except this one. It went out again the next time the car was started, but I have no idea what this indicated.

2005 300C Hemi w/premium instrument cluster

Can anyone please clue me in?

TIA,
Cap'n

·
Banned
2,887 Posts
it's your alarm light and the programming light for the sentry keys..

if it's flashing while car is running then it means there is a communication problem between the Key and the Wireless module in the Ignition ring..

otherwise it always flashes when you lock the car with the key fob.

·
Banned
2,887 Posts
VTSS Indication - During the sixteen second VTSS arming function, the cluster will flash the security indicator
on and off repeatedly at a steady, fast rate to indicate that the VTSS is in the process of arming. Following
successful VTSS arming, the cluster flashes the security indicator on and off continuously at a slower rate to
indicate that the VTSS is armed. The security indicator continues flashing at the slower rate until the VTSS is
disarmed or triggered. If the VTSS has alarmed and rearmed, the cluster will flash the security indicator at a
steady, slow rate for about thirty seconds after the VTSS is disarmed.

The instrument cluster circuitry controls the security indicator whenever the ignition switch is in the Off position and
the VTSS is arming, armed, or alarming. Whenever the ignition switch is in the On or Start positions, the SKREEM
performs a self-test to decide whether the SKIS is in good operating condition and whether a valid key is present in
the ignition lock cylinder. The SKREEM then sends the proper lamp-on or lamp-off messages to the instrument
cluster. For further diagnosis of the security indicator or the instrument cluster circuitry that controls the indicator,
(Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/INSTRUMENT CLUSTER - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING). If the instrument cluster
flashes the security indicator upon ignition On, or turns on the security indicator solid after the bulb test, it indicates
that a SKIS malfunction has occurred or that the SKIS is inoperative. The Security indicator is serviced with the
instrument cluster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. I will have to check it the next time the alarm is set and see if it is flashing.

As far as the incident today, I will assume it was just an anomaly unless it repeats.

Thanks for the identification of the light as an alarm indicator. Wonder why they didn't bother to label it as such in the owner's manual?

Regards,
Cap'n

·
Banned
2,887 Posts
what I posted is out of the service manual.. it is indicated in the 2006 owners manual, kinda.. no idea why they skipped it.. they actually skipped quite a few things in that book if you compare it to the 2006 or 2007

·
Registered
27 Posts
This happened to me once on my 05, turned out the battery was dead in one key. Switched keys all was good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Chrysler 300.Wont start fed light keeps flashing on dash.Had it to so many auto electricians can't find fault cos it won't do it.Also sometimes an engine light comes on dash.So he keeps opening closing doors open & closes boot then finally after 10-+15 mins it starts.Dont kno wot to do next

1 - 11 of 11 Posts