Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a bear of a time with 2 related problems. I have tried countless times and cant seem to get my key feature to work. I have looked at the manual and can't figure out my problem. When trying to set my key to my profile, I put the key in the ignition and turn. I than hit profile 1 hit s than hit profile 1 again. Than immediately hit the lock button on the key. I have tried both keys and it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance. Also can't get the seat to move back for easy exit. :confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re; Unlock the mystry

JPB68 said:
I am having a bear of a time with 2 related problems. I have tried countless times and cant seem to get my key feature to work. I have looked at the manual and can't figure out my problem. When trying to set my key to my profile, I put the key in the ignition and turn. I than hit profile 1 hit s than hit profile 1 again. Than immediately hit the lock button on the key. I have tried both keys and it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance. Also can't get the seat to move back for easy exit. :confused:
I just went through the same thing. My 300C has a build date of Jan '05. I just hapened to be looking at the maintenance manual & there were a bunch of Yellow cards in there & lo & behold there was an addendum that solved the puzzle! "To program your transmitters, perform the following: 1. Remove your key from the ignition with all four doors closed. 2. Select desired memory profile 1 or 2. 3. Press & release the Set (S) button on the memory seat switch, then press & release button 1 or 2. Memory Profile Set (1 or 2) will be desplayed in the instrument cluster."
I hope this helps!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Haven't tried but should work.

thanks. that is when mine was built, and I didn't look at those pesky yellow cards. Do you have gto hit the lock button on the key?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Haven't tried but should work.

Wait! I forgot step #4: "Press & release the Lock button on the transmitter within 10 seconds"

Sorry, hope this helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

worked fine. I still cant get the seat to pull back upon exit though. Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
First, make sure you have the 'Move seat back on exit' option turned on using the EVIC personal setings menu. Also, sometime if you drive with the seat fairly far back, it won't move any further back on exit. Try moving it forward just a bit, then reset your 'profile. and try it again. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts