Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 90mm tb being produced by Arrington Engines and sold by PPP is now available for purchase. Initally, the Tb will be offered as a fully CNC’ed T-6061, aerospace grade, billet aluminum throttle body .It is a direct, bolt on replacement for the stock 80mm unit. Handcrafted in the USA; this throttle body adds 18 to 23 dyno proven horsepower over the stock unit. AND it interfaces with the stock computer; no messy throttle cable or electronic glitches. The unit is retailing for $1051.95 but we are selling them at $975.99. The first 50 throttle bodies will be individually numbered. Reserve now to recieve your number! This part is scheduled to ship March 21st 2008. Shipping Date is a high confidence target, but is not guaranteed. Tuning is required, this unit flows 178 CFM better then stock. Lean Air/Fuel ratio can cause catastrophic engine damage!

Now, after speaking with Arrington today, there will be a cast version of this TB available within 6-12 months and cost will be lower than the current cost. The process has already started to make this happen and they have committed to having a product inside of that time frame.

After having said that, the initial units are expensive, but you get what you pay for. They are billet T-6061 and assembled here in the USA by the same guys that are assembling Nascar grade motors. The results are already there and we have already shown that they can be tuned and work during both open loop and closed loop. Once the cast unit is out, you will not be able to purchase the billet units anymore, so if you want to be one of the 50 guys to have one of the original numbered billet units, now is the time to get in line. For those that have not read the other threads, I am including the dyno graphs on both a stock SRT8 and a modified SRT8. The test was conducted with a stock manifold with absolutely no port-matching. There are plans to release a CAI that will match perfectly, but for the time being, a simple silicone adapter will fit the bill. If you have any questions at all, ask them here, email us at [email protected], or call us at (888)662-7697.

·
Registered
683 Posts
That looks sweet. Can you give any more details on the CAI/TB combo? Projected sales date, price, etc. Also how much do you think casting the TB will drop the price?

Keep up the good work. It's people like you that make me poor.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks sweet. Can you give any more details on the CAI/TB combo? Projected sales date, price, etc. Also how much do you think casting the TB will drop the price?

Keep up the good work. It's people like you that make me poor.

Unfortunately, I dont have an ETA on the CAI or a price estimate. I know C&L is looking to make theres work with the 90mm unit, you might be able to contact them for more info. Im not going to try and guess the pricing on the cast version, but they wouldnt make it if it was only going to be $50 cheaper if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sign me up, we'll slap one on when I come down in a few weeks/months.
PM your mailing address and I'll send the moola!:arms:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Unfortunately, I dont have an ETA on the CAI or a price estimate. I know C&L is looking to make theres work with the 90mm unit, you might be able to contact them for more info. Im not going to try and guess the pricing on the cast version, but they wouldnt make it if it was only going to be $50 cheaper if you know what I mean.
In your test did you use a reducer on your CAI to make it work? If so, is the above mentioned CAI being made with a larger inlet pipe? If this is also the case, how much more flow would you estimate from a larger CAI inlet pipe? It seems that if the TB was increased and not the inlet pipe you still have some restriction and when you do get a larger diameter inlet pipe fabricated it will give you even greater gains. Yes?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We used a larger tube on both the before runs and the after runs. Now, keep in mind that you do not always have to increase tube size in order to increase cfm's. Take a look at this thread, this is the intake I will be running with mine. Seems the C&L flows more than enough air to supply the 90mm TB.

C&L : 935 CFM

Dub / R.S. Akimoto HEMI Intake: 847.2 CFM* (10.4% Less than C&L Intake)

"Brand S" (S&B) HEMI Intake Upgrade: 740.8 CFM* (26.2% Less than C&L
Intake)

"Brand K" (K&N) HEMI Intake Upgrade: 718.9 CFM* (30% Less than C&L
Intake)

"Brand A" (AFE? AEM? Airaid?) HEMI Intake Upgrade: 706.4 CFM* (32.4% Less than C&L Intake)

Air Flow Intake Capacity, Design and Function - Page 3 - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Thanks guys

We used a larger tube on both the before runs and the after runs.
Rats! Here I thought I could do my own down and dirty "air hammer II" for the 90mm TB out of sheet metal and pick up an extra 10hp on top of the 21hp you've already freed up. j/k :)

Thanks for the clarification and link...very good read.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts