Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feast your eyes on a few pix on the twin-turbo setup.

We still have a lot of work to do: fabrication, welding, tuning, powder-coating, etc.

We are aiming for a March 1st completion date.

So...enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Thanks

Great pictures. Look like it's coming along quite nicely. Hope to hear you have it running soon.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
You're going to have to buy some new tires soon! ;)

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
37 Posts
What are your (gu)estimated gains at this point? That is one of the most elabobourate TT setups I've seen to date. Absolutely beautiful :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Very clean, very impressive work so far! Looking forward to seeing some numbers!

Also, what do you guys rekon of flogging a second throttle body in there? That y-pipe leading into the manifold is just begging for it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
looks wild... and very nice that you will be able to still use shock tower brace (cant do that with some of the new supercharger options coming out...)

Is this a one off custom, or will this be a kit for sale through a shop? If so, which shop is producing it?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
awesome looking install, i cant imagine how much of a monster this is going to be.

my friend brought up an interesting point, im sure its been considered but it cant hurt to mention. he said that it looks from a couple of pictures that when the wheels are turned, they will be pointing directly at the turbos. so when driving thru a puddle or something, it will spray water directly up onto the turbo. this wouldnt be a problem if it was already raining, as it will be constantly wet, but on a hot day, he says, if you run thru water or something, or even if it starts raining when it wasnt, and water sprays up on the turbo, it could cause problems. is this the case? or is it just the angle of the photos, and there is no danger like this.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
awesome looking install, i cant imagine how much of a monster this is going to be.

my friend brought up an interesting point, im sure its been considered but it cant hurt to mention. he said that it looks from a couple of pictures that when the wheels are turned, they will be pointing directly at the turbos. so when driving thru a puddle or something, it will spray water directly up onto the turbo. this wouldnt be a problem if it was already raining, as it will be constantly wet, but on a hot day, he says, if you run thru water or something, or even if it starts raining when it wasnt, and water sprays up on the turbo, it could cause problems. is this the case? or is it just the angle of the photos, and there is no danger like this.
You would think so but STS has been running them like this for a while.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks wild... and very nice that you will be able to still use shock tower brace (cant do that with some of the new supercharger options coming out...)

Is this a one off custom, or will this be a kit for sale through a shop? If so, which shop is producing it?
The shop is FASTLANE out of Houston TX.

·
Registered
14 Posts
any updates on this setup. is she up and running and have most of the bugs worked out? can't wait to see a clip of this set up in action!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
um, when can I park my ride up on your ramp?

·
Registered
122 Posts
looks great but you are going to fit heat bags to stop the transmission from cooking, but a very nice job look forward to hearing how it performs

I have turbine blankets, but I am not too concerned being that this place gets the highest source of cool airflow.

On Mekon's car I don't see wastegates. Where are they planning on putting the external wastegates?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts