Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a few things things while driving the cars at last weekend's SRT-8 Experience in Fontana. First, none of them bumped the rev limiter during the first to second shift. Also, some cars would automatically upshift at redline when the transmission was in manual mode while others would bump the rev-limiter. I like that feature! One of the instructors said that the some of the cars recently had their programming upgraded. Hopefully the new tuning is released to everyone soon!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Do you mean factory programing upgraded by a dealer or aftermarket?

·
Registered
267 Posts
update by dealer. There is a tcm update where it auto upshifts in manual mode at redline.

·
Registered
301 Posts
330toSRT8 said:
I've been dreaming about this feature since I bought the car 10 months ago.
According to the last SRT Engineer session, the flash should be coming out very soon (No later than the end of November).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mine does that already. No hesitation either. The dealer had to install a "new" program becuase I was having warning light issue.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I'll letcha know if the 07s do it by default once I get a few more miles on her... not too keen about hittin the rev limiter during breakin! :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
MrHappy said:
I'll letcha know if the 07s do it by default once I get a few more miles on her... not too keen about hittin the rev limiter during breakin! :D
You don't have 300 miles yet? I passed that on the first day! But I hit the rev limiter many times during the break in (not in 1st gear though).

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Mine will hit the rev-limiter between 1st & 2nd and will momentarily stall-out before it shifts.
Grrrrr...
Can't I log into Chrysler and get a free download patch or something? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
300? I was waiting for 750... which should be tomorrow at this pace! :D Yeah, ChryslerUpdates.com should do it! ;)

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
TheJackal24 said:
According to the last SRT Engineer session, the flash should be coming out very soon (No later than the end of November).
Just remember that SRT Engineers live in an alternate universe where time intervals are not quite the same as what you and I live by. They’re good men and women with hearts devoted to the SRT cause, but have never demonstrated a complete handle on the time thing. :D :fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
srt8danno said:
Just remember that SRT Engineers live in an alternate universe where time intervals are not quite the same as what you and I live by. They’re good men and women with hearts devoted to the SRT cause, but have never demonstrated a complete handle on the time thing. :D :fing02:
Yeah, they used to drink Kool Aid...now I think their smoking it...:smokin:

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Moose said:
Yeah, they used to drink Kool Aid...now I think their smoking it...:smokin:
I don't know what you two are talking about. Don't you recall the brake fix that was coming soon. We got those rotors and pads in no time, right?

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
JMatt said:
I don't know what you two are talking about. Don't you recall the brake fix that was coming soon. We got those rotors and pads in no time, right?
By whose definition of “no time”………they must have been in a Star Trek worm hole or something….that must have been it. Yes, it was JMatt that first put forth the problem with the scored rotors and it was only a matter of minutes when DCX released that TSB with the slotted rotors. Wow, I never knew Time/Space Continuum could be so fascinating! :D

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
srt8danno said:
By whose definition of “no time”………they must have been in a Star Trek worm hole or something….that must have been it. Yes, it was JMatt that first put forth the problem with the scored rotors and it was only a matter of minutes when DCX released that TSB with the slotted rotors. Wow, I never knew Time/Space Continuum could be so fascinating! :D
Yes - 20 minutes or 20,000 miles, whichever comes latest.

·
Registered
449 Posts
upshift in manual mode

I have a stock 5.7 05 "C" that upshifts automatically before redline in manual mode

·
Registered
449 Posts
upshift

330toSRT8 said:
The SRT8 tranny programming doesn't do that right now.
Edit: I mean 2006 and earlier SRT8 models don't do that.
You would think if they programmed the auto upshift before redline in the regular "C" models, they would do so in the more powerful SRT cars. I wonder why it took the engineers two more years to do so?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Irwin said:
You would think if they programmed the auto upshift before redline in the regular "C" models, they would do so in the more powerful SRT cars. I wonder why it took the engineers two more years to do so?
Apparently some people like that it doesn't shift automatically. In a recent post someone mentioned it's good for road course racing. But I think there are a lot more people who prefer it to shift.

·
Registered
449 Posts
upshifting

330toSRT8 said:
Apparently some people like that it doesn't shift automatically. In a recent post someone mentioned it's good for road course racing. But I think there are a lot more people who prefer it to shift.
Auto upshifting in manual mode before redline could save an engine from coming apart.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts