Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6-CD radio in my 2006 (no Navigation). Does anyone know whether or not a newer 300C model radio with Bluetooth and iPhone connectivity (so I can play Pandora) will plug and play in my car? If not, are there any direct replacement aftermarket radios that would work without a completely new wiring harness?

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
The newer MyGig units will not work with your 2006 C as they were built for a high speed CanBus system and your system is low speed.

Any double DIN aftermarket head unit will work. With the head unit you'll need a harness adapter (I recommend the PacAudio units) but which one depends on what head brand you purchase.

Also, if you have steering wheel controls, a second harness will be needed to insure they work. Or, you can get a combination harness that will integrate the head unit to the system and the steering wheel controls to the head unit.

Lastly, if you go with a double DIN you'll need the Chrysler navigation center bezel and an aftermarket navigation antenna.

It may sound complicated but once you've picked a head unit, we can narrow down the harness needed. It's pretty much plug and play from there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well for my first post I'm gonna jack your thread, I'm looking at the pioneer x1600dvd. Already got the navigation bezel, should this just be a simple plug and go as long as I have the right harnesses?

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
Well for my first post I'm gonna jack your thread, I'm looking at the pioneer x1600dvd. Already got the navigation bezel, should this just be a simple plug and go as long as I have the right harnesses?
Yes.

Do you have steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes I do, I've just been a little confused regarding the harnesses. I don't know if I have a factory amp or not. Says Boston premium sound on the door, is that a good indication that I do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess I'm just still stuck on whether or not I need the c2r-chyna...or the c2r-chy4. I do want to retain steering control.

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
The C2R-CHYNA is a harness for head unit replacement with no amplifier in place. You can verify if you have an amplifier several ways but the best way is to remove the lower dash panel under the steering wheel and look. You can also get a build sheet here: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/98275-how-my-car-equipped.html

The C2R-CHY4 is a harness to add a head unit with navigation. If your Pioneer choice has navigation, you need the C2R-CHY4 so you have the navigation inputs. You'll also need a navigation antenna if your car did NOT come stock with navigation.

Since you need the navigation inputs and steering wheel control interface, PacAudio makes a combination harness that does both, the RP4-CH11.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In order to get navigation all I need is an antenna if it didn't come with stock navigation? Sorry for the all the questions. Electronics are fairly foreign to me.

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
You need a navigation equipped head unit and a navigation antenna...that's it unless you want to subscribe to a map update.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well at the moment I have no need for navigation. The head unit is just a plain Jane ddin. Which harnesses would I need for a non navigation, if I do have a stock amp?

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
PacAudio RP4-CH11. It will handle both the head unit and the steering wheel controls. It can be used to add a NAV head unit if you add one later.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Maddog has given perfect advice. Don't forget to get the antenna adapter. The aftermarket radio's antenna plug will not fit the Chrysler antenna lead.

Both metra and scosche make them. The metra part is 40-CR10.

Reactions: MADDOG

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
Maddog has given perfect advice. Don't forget to get the antenna adapter. The aftermarket radio's antenna plug will not fit the Chrysler antenna lead.

Both metra and scosche make them. The metra part is 40-CR10.
Excellent advice and thanks for covering that!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well got everything I needed ordered. Can't wait for it all to come in! And boy it was easy to check if I had an amplifier. Took 2 minutes to take the panel off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts