Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2012 Chryler 300 S with a Uconnect 8.4 module.
I'd like to upgrade to Uconnect 8.4N (RB5) in order to have navigation (GPS).

I'm going to remove the old and install this new following module : oemautopartsco.com/products/2011-2014-chrysler-300-gps-navigation-rb5-8-4n-radio]2011-2014 Chrysler 300 GPS Navigation RB5 8.4N Radio

I have the installation guide.
Can I change it myself ? Are there any contraints ?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Not sure, but you may have to install a different antenna...one that receives the gps signals.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In fact, the vendor said me that my existing satellite antenna is already the GPS antenna and I just have to replace the Uconnect module to enable it.
" Every vehicle with a satellite antenna starting in 2011, already have a GPS signal "

What do you think of that ?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
Then you need a GPS module to connect the antenna to unless the antenna already has one. The antenna connections would be the same at the head unit.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If your car receives satellite radio reception (Sirius/XM), you ONLY need the silver box (RB5 head unit) and you are good to go.

Very easy swap. I did this to my 2011 300 a couple years ago. If you need further assistance let me know, I can walk you through any of it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Definitely ouch. You can get them a lot cheaper from car-parts.com. Yeah it'll be used, but it'll work just fine!

In fact I ordered mine used for my 2011 and it was like $400. Sold my old RE2 for more than what I paid for the RB5.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's great !

Yes, I can receive the satellite radio (Sirius/XM) with my Antenna but I don't pay the subcription :)
So, I going to replace the Uconnect 8.4 by Uconnect 8.4N (RB5) for GPS.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Hi guys a little off topic but how can I tell which Uconnect I have, it is factory in my 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 but I don't see anything about Sirius/XM stuff?

Cheers

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Even if it had the aerial and sirius in it we couldn't get it cause of the distance

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Thanks gent’s :)

Appreciate the fast replieis

Just trying to learn more and more about our new car "lol"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts