Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking at upgrades for my 300C and i've ben told the diablo sport intune or predator was a great start. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? And does anyone have tips on plastidip because i want to black out the chrome on my car

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The list is long but I'll try and put up some ideas.

Performance:

Programmer
Intake
Exhaust
Swaybars
Coilovers or lowering springs
Poly bushings
Cam

Aesthetic:

Tint
Remove molding & badges
Grille
HID upgrade (lowbeams and fogs)
Audio upgrade (amp, head unit, speakers, sub)
Wheels
LED signals
LED tail lights
LED marker lights
LED license plate light
Billet underhood and interior appointments
Carbon fiber wrap interior panels

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've found TONS of cool mods and upgrades online, but it seems like actually getting your hands on some of them could prove harder than actually installing them. I put these items on something I call my "Bigfoot List", meaning I believe they exist because I've seen pics and writeups but I have yet to PROVE their existence through purchase because I can't find one for sale anywhere.

My current hunt is for an auxiliary switch plate that was, at one time, made by BT. It fit into the little rectangular bin to the right of the shifter and had a couple of different configuration options for the switches, such as linelock, ESP disable, etc. I could easily make one, but my time in the home workshop is pretty limited, and... I'm lazy. Lol

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
MADDOG gave you a good list there, I think aesthetics wise the wheels will make a the biggest impact for sure but sometimes it's the smaller mods that will accentuate your ride. What kind of budget are you looking at?

For me performance wise the exhaust was what really did it but by then I had done the CAI and the intune and to be honest I'm pretty sure it's when everything is combined that the final package is to your taste (through your choices of course).

How about some pics of your ride? Maybe we can pitch in by seeing it ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going to start with the exhaust and cai. The stock exhaust is way too quiet for my taste. Then I'll try a tuner and try to get headers for it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Besides quiet, the stock exhaust is more restrictive than it could be. Gotta let it exhale. I'm kicking around going with Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers unresonated. Haven't decided for sure yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just looking at that cat back with the vortex and glass packs. I'm liking the cherry bomb sound and I want it to be loud. I want to try something different I've had flowmaster on my previous car and a family member had MagnaFlow on his 300c.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had CB Vortex on an '02 Dakota I had years ago, and they're nice because they're still glasspacks, but on long trips (I often drive 1000 miles/ week for my job) they won't annoy the crap out of you. They have a nice throaty sound when you thump on it, but at at idle and cruise speeds they just give out a low grumble. Straight tube CBs are cool on a weekend warrior, but I had them on a 66 Buick 20-something years ago, and if you're just rolling down the highway the resonance can get a bit droning. It was cool at first, but when that newness wears off you find yourself pricing different mufflers. Just my $0.02!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts