Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to upgrade my base 2006 Chrysler 300, my first selection ot is put a srt8 engine transmission differential set up, any ideas how to get the best eficiency, I drive in Tijuana, no restriccions and I want a fast response.of the car!!!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'm not sure what the used car/parts/repair labor markets are like in Tijuana, but in the USA, that swap would make no sense. You can more than likely buy a complete SRT8 for the cost of the upgrades you're suggesting, if you're paying market labor rates. Worse, when you're done, you still wouldn't have an SRT8, you'd have a base 300, with tiny, inadequate BR3 brakes and mushy base 300 suspension, with a big engine.

If you add in the cost of things like SRT8 brakes and suspension (the correct front knuckles alone are hard to find and very expensive) you'd be looking at even more money. And when you're done, you'd still have a plain-Jane base interior and body.

·
Registered
'05 300c Blondie
151 Posts
Consider selling your 300 base and put that money with the 5 thousand to shop for a 300c or real SRT. A 300c will have a 5.7L hemi and the suspension & brakes will be correct for that engine. It's nice to go fast, but a car should also stop fast and have good handling. The swap you talk of will not give you that.

At least here in the states, a 300c will be cheaper than an SRT, and the 5.7 has 340 hp stock which is a big step up from your base.

As Carl said, in the US, that swap would make no sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still had the problem with roads there are bumpy, I had a 240z and got to change struts every 6 months, any recomendation in suspension?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You'll need spacers for the front strut upper mounts, and that modification has to be done very carefully, but the Mopar Performance Suspension Upgrade Package P5155435AD is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm trying to upgrade my base 2006 Chrysler 300, my first selection ot is put a srt8 engine transmission differential set up, any ideas how to get the best eficiency, I drive in Tijuana, no restriccions and I want a fast response.of the car!!!
Change the differential gearing. You'll get the guys you want without futzing with the engine and spending wads of fought. Be sure to have your dealer do it using MoPar parts - it's covered by a warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts