Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well..I knew it wouldn't be long before I decided to upgrade my stereo..I will leave the stock head unit and just add a few things...

I have added these:

Rockford Fosgate 6001bd
mono amp 600 watts @ 2ohms

Rockford Fosgate 8004
4 channel amp 100W x 4 @ 4-Ohms or
200W x 4 @ 2-Ohms

Kicker DCVR122
Dual 12" Vented Enclosure with CompVR Subwoofers RMS Power Handling: 600 watts each sub

Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP 6x9 2-way
Power Handling:
Peak: 300 watts
RMS: 100 watts
Full low-frequency response with hybrid layered-pulp woofers
Premium silk ring-dome tweeters
1" swiveling silk ring-dome tweeter
Rubber surrounds
Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 27,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 89 dB

JL Audio Clean Sweep
OEM Audio Interface with Automatic Digital EQ

Add aftermarket sound to your OEM radio
DSP Signal procesing flattens OEM frequency response curves, giving more accurate souond from your aftermarket system
32 bit SHARC DSP Processor equalizes each of the four channels with 30 EQ bands (120 total!)

1 PowerBass ACP1.2
1.2 Farad Digital Capacitor

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i installed it...and....blew the stock front speakers..hahaha
oh well..time to upgrade the speakers too....

anyone recommend any 6x9's.....?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Depending on how much you want to spend I can recommend different 6x9's. Here are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Alpine Type S
JL Audio VR's
Focal 690 CA1

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending on how much you want to spend I can recommend different 6x9's. Here are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Alpine Type S
JL Audio VR's
Focal 690 CA1

I was thinking the same thing but the Alpine Type-R's...aren't they better than the Type S..?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I was thinking the same thing but the Alpine Type-R's...aren't they better than the Type S..?
yes, Type-R's are indeed the upper level over Type-S

I'll add Polk to the list as well. I'm using Momo components in front
and Momo 6x9's in the back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just picked up 2 sets of 6x9's...the mounting depth is:

• Woofer Mounting Depth (in): 2-15/16''
• Woofer Mounting Depth (mm): 75mm

these should fit.......?

what is the stock speaker mounting depth?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You may have problems with the depth of those. I have a base model 300 and I added some Infinity Reference 6x9 3-ways in the doors and my window would hit it when I rolled the window down. It scratched the window tint. I believe the depth of my 6x9s are around 3" or so, but not certain. I plan to cut out a trim plate to bring the speakers out a little bit. Just keep this in mind and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i reccomend going to a retailer that's got floor models that you can actually hear. this is kind of a cheapskat ething to do, but i like to hear the speakers then go online and buy them elsewhere. i have saved a lot of money that way, using websites such as pricegrabber and pricescan.

type S is a quality product that i've heard in person. i can't speak for the others listed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard the type-r's and they are amazing....got a got deal on them aswell...should have them in the car tomorrow...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow...i had them installed and they F**KIN ROCK!!!
these are amazing..this system in my car is sooo loud even I had to turn it down..alpines fit in the door fine and dropped right in the rear deck. worth the money....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i reccomend going to a retailer that's got floor models that you can actually hear. this is kind of a cheapskat ething to do, but i like to hear the speakers then go online and buy them elsewhere. i have saved a lot of money that way, using websites such as pricegrabber and pricescan.

type S is a quality product that i've heard in person. i can't speak for the others listed.
good idea but isn't a GREAT way to test speaker quality. Different speakers perform differently in open air when compared to others. What sounds great on a wall may sound like ass in your car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well these sound great..but i am noticing some vibrating parts..might have to dyna mat...since the orig speakers were getting maybe 20-30 watts now the speakers are getting close to 100 watts and the 2 12's are close to 320 watts each..so things are vibrating for sure..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts