Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the grill, the chrome inside and outside and my 20" Velocitys, but still stuck with this horrible 280 watt system .DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SPEAKER SIZES IN THIS THING!!! Everywhere I go I get a different answer, so if youve changed your stuff, please, let me know. Im thinking the Pioneer AVC-1, Kappa's inside and RF Power Series amps with a custom box in the wheel well ! Also if you got a DIN or Universal Kit and where you go it!!!

I LOVE THIS FORUM, we should all be proud to be driving the nicest and best deal on four wheels !!!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good luck on putting in a new aftermarket radio in this thing. You will have to order the middle dash piece that comes with the c that has the navigation radio so that the opening is big enough, then they have to custom make a filler piece for it...thats just the radio itself, as for speakers i have no idea what size they are but neither will most installation shops you talk to, good luck its a real pain in the ass.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:(

This is what I am afraid of, and I would hate to use a line level converter!! In all honesty I wouldnt mind the two round things on each side of the radio if I changed it where the volume knobs are, it would be different if you ask me, but Ive read a few posts on here where people mentioned changing stuff and even crutchfield has nothing yet!!!

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I just got the service manual last night and saw the specs on this.
FOUR SPEAKER
The four speaker system includes four speakers in four locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. There is also one 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf.

SIX SPEAKER
The six speaker system features six speakers in six locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf. Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel.

SIX SPEAKER - BOSTON ACOUSTICS
The six speaker system features six speakers in six locations. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf. Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel. This speaker system also includes an amplifier. The total available power of the speaker system is 288 watts.

EIGHT SPEAKER - BOSTON ACOUSTICS
The eight speaker system features eight speakers in eight locations. One 16.5 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door. One 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf. A subwoofer is located on the rear shelf (sedan only) Two 8.9 centimeter (3.5 inch) speakers are located on the top portion of the instrument panel. This speaker system also includes an amplifier. The total available power of the speaker system is 380 watts.
The 8 speaker specs only add up to 7. They don't list the front center channel speaker. Man I love this service manual! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
JonW said:
I just got the service manual last night and saw the specs on this.

The 8 speaker specs only add up to 7. They don't list the front center channel speaker. Man I love this service manual! :)
WARNING: DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING
COLUMN, SEAT BELT TENSIONER, SIDE AIRBAG, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR
SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO MINUTES
FOR THE AIRBAG SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS
OR SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE
THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE
PERSONAL INJURY. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts