Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my car today 06 300 touring 3.5 v6 and nothing works. When i turn the key to try to start it nothing happens, no lights, no dome lights nothing... Acts like my batt is disconnected but its not, voltmeter reads 13 volts, tried jumping it nothing. When i try to remote start it(aftermarket python 990), the dash light comes on goes tthrough the sequence and everything but doesnt crank, but were it says the milage and stuff it displays "No Bus" Car is in parking lot now. Door locks dont work, windows, trunk pop. Seriously nothing in the car works. someone please help.
THanks, John

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
For starters, check all fuses are properly seated and not blown. Look for 6, 11, 14 & 16 in the front power distribution center.

Bernie

·
Registered
145 Posts
try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset all modules. maybe one of them locked up and is bringing down the bus.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Whew, it's a good thing there's an online mechanic in the house!!! I was reading a no start condition can be caused by a drop as little as 0.2 volts in either cable. Is this what you're saying it may be caused by an open circuit condition?

Bernie

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would look at the aftermarket starter first, if it was a professional installation consult the shop that did the work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually did the alarm myself, do it for a living... Had the alarm for about a year or so now. So i dont think that is the problem. Ill try to disconnect the battery tomrorow see what happens...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol yea. weird thing is i get NO power at all.. acts like i have the battery disconnected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts