Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Justin, welcome to the forum. The moderator should be along soon for the initiation ceremony, which involves you showing us what your car looks like. ;)
Moderator just bricked his ECU, so might be handing of the reigns while I see how tough a brick wall is. But anyway welcome Justin

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 180 I put in is not much chop when the fans still don't come on until the temp reaches 4 and a ½ million degrees.
So tried to change the fan to come on at a lower level and now have spaghetti as an ECU.
The only good thing is at least now I have a manual cause it says to push the clutch in and press button to start.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
hmm, I wouldn't have thought that changing the thermostat would have affected the temp that the fans come on in any way. I never adjusted the temp they came on with my Gen 1 with the 180 deg thermostat. I never felt the need to change that even tho you're making the car run cooler I figured the fans should still come on when they came on before.

So what's the story, back to the dealer to flash the ECU?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the problem, the fan settings havent changed and i wanted them to come on earlier.
I am hoping it is possible to reflash it, but scared they wont be able to fix it.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I guess it depends on what you did to it. I'm guessing it was something other than using a tuner to adjust the temps.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope it was the trinity that baked it. It came up failed for the modify and then nothing has worked since to get it back.
I just hope they can restore it

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
It's Diablosport that you need to contact for that, they'll fix it. I think this happened to Dugong or whatever his nic is, he hasn't been on for a while but he bricked it and had to ring them up.

Edit: dkoong. I just looked on the Diablosport forum and he made a post back in December 13 asking about stuff for a JGC SRT so he might have changed the 300. Anyway it's sparrowfart Sunday morning there now, you'll have to wait till around this time or a bit later tomorrow night to get them.

What software version you running on the trinity?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoping you wouldn't say that

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
My experience with the 'modify' is that I wouldn't run the modify without running a full tune flash as well.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Normally though it asks for a backup first and it never did, so I have nothing to restore it too.
Might go and sleep on it. i hate this waiting game.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Well I'd rather fix it via a phone call than towing it to a dealer and paying for a reflash. I believe you have to call and wait on hold and be with the car with the trinity at the ready. I wonder how long you'll be on hold on a Monday morning, might be lucky and get straight thru.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Are you running a canned trinity tune pal? Did you save a copy of your original tune on your computer?

Let me know... see if we can get you through this without having to wait a pile!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
oh no...I've heard of similar problems where the tune failed to load totally so it's possible the ECM is scrambled. They managed to get me back on the road but it took a "Forced Restart".

Good luck, Daryl. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only 2 days left before I go away and i don't want to go away with my baby in a coma cause I wont stop worrying about her.
Here is the email I sent to diablo which explains what I did. Thank you fellas for caring, Its nice to know people want to help.

Not sure if you will get back to me but worth a shot.

Im in Australia. Own a 2014 300 SRT8
Here is what happened.

Borrowed a mates Trinity who has an identical car, His trinity was married to his car but it allows you to modify the fan settings still. (most other things it won’t allow while its married.)
I have a 180 thermostat in and hence why I wanted to adjust the fan settings.
After make the changes it said do you want to write the tune and I said yes. It got to 100% and come up failed.
My ECU didn’t look good at that stage. It said would you like to restore the original tune and so I said yes.
It came back successful but my ECU is in a state of flux with a million warnings on it. As soon as it starts it immediately shuts off again.

Afterwards I was thinking about it and realized it must be putting in the original tune from the car that’s its married to and not mine and hence why I may have bricked it.
Is there any way forward from here?

Desperate for help

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
^ Eeeek... now I see what you've done... you've put the original tune from your pals car onto yours... hence the shutdown as the immobilizer is probably shutting it down on a non recognized VIN... Eeeek... This is one for the Pro's as without your original tune I really don't know how you will proceed from here other than on a tow truck to the dealer... dammit man I'm sorry to hear this. Any help we can be (I don't think much!) we're here... at least you know if it can't start it can't be stolen, so you can sleep well while your away knowing it will be where you left it when you return!

Sucks...

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: Spoke with the dealer and he said hopefully it will work when they try and reflash it.
What he is worried about is there has been a couple if times where they need to get external help when its too fried to take a reflash and they see its got the wrong vin in it.
He said if they notice that, they will void all warranty and not help at all. Even though he is going to tell them they fried it doing a normal update and they shouldnt check the vin, its still possible they will notice.
It might be worth destroying the ECU and spending the $4000 on a new one than loose the warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Holy crap man.. $4k!!!! AGGGGHHHHHH!

Dude I wish I could help...

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
That's interesting. I'd say that's a shortcoming of the Trinity software if it allows you to do that. Such is the price of the race to be first by Diablosport, address the issues as they arise. Might need a tow to the dealer now.

Whilst everyone knows, one Trinity one car, the software should still have stopped this happening, imho.

Edit: Just noticed your post. Man, lucky you have a great onside dealer.

Edit 2: BRILLIANT IDEA NUMBER 1. At the time you plug your car in at the dealers to have it reflashed..... have BOTH cars there so that if they say "hey that's the wrong vin number" the dealer can say back to them "wait that's the vin of the car we had plugged in a minute ago, how the hell did that happen!". If you get what I mean.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts