Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys , theres a ton of us out there, we know and they (Hemi) know it! so I figured we deserve our own little section here. Anyone here upgrade anything performance wise. I went to the K&N site and they make an upgrade on the filter. Its actually a working part number and Auto Zone sells it. Has anyone tried it? Also they spec to use 89 octane, Ive been following that to the bone, anyone try super and notice any differene at all? Just curious. I know it makes no difference in my truck, damn smart computers. Ive got all the outside mods done and just put in a banging system, now im borded and looking for some other stuff to do....any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
609 Posts
go to www.300mclub.org and look at the engine mods it will gain you at least 20 to 40 hp in info and its the same engine you have that should do you justice for now but remember your trans can only handle up to 300 horses, after that the mods will still work but the trans will not allow you to use the added power. so your goal is by hook or by crook to get your hp and torque to 300hp and 300lbs thats a nice limited or touring which ever you have, you could also look at the links and go to dodge intrepid .net or com one of them and look at the RT mods it has the same engine but the 300m site is your best bet.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
wireguysny said:
Ive got all the outside mods done and just put in a banging system
Wireguysny if you get the chance post some pictures of your system on the forum. I know I'm not the only guy interested. I'd especially like to see the Head Unit installed in the dash.

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt change the indash, in fact I think it would be a shame too. I love the factory look!! I used a high end inline adapter to a line converter straight off the deck. However I did put in new Alpine Compenents in the front (they come with the adapter needed) and in the rear deck Infinity Kappa's (best highs in a 6x9). Im running two twelve Blitz's in the rear in a slime box so I can keep my golf clubs in my trunk at all times. I wanted to use the spare tire area for the amps but I hate take any chance, especially with my 20's. I hate to use AAA!!! I used two rockford RF4004 amps and after having over a dozen amps in my life these are simply my fav. They are fairly priced, wonderfull to install and LOOK AWESOME...

The install was a bitch, im not going to lie. This car is built like a tank and it took me about 9 hours to do everything (this is because I am overly carefull). Plus everywhere I went no one had any clue or experience. If anyone has any questions on how to remove and upgrade components I will gladly share my experience. It will make your life MUCH easier. Ill take pictures this week at the car show im in. That way she looks extra nice!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts