Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched forums and google with no results, just curious of the possibilities of swapping out the 3.5 v6 for the 5.7 or 6.1 v8?? This isn't a serious endeavour, just wondering about the possibilties/impossibilities of this feat.

Thoughts?

Lets keep in mind that for this topic, money is no object.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You would go to the dealer and tell him/her that you want the STR8.

BAM!

You'd have it done in no time... I think that'd be the quickest/cleanest mod ever.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Would probally be cheaper to just go trade up

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol I should have stated "NO TELLING ME TO GO TRADE MY CAR IN" lol..... but seriously, we're talking unlimited funds here, just a scenario

·
Registered
297 Posts
with unlimited funds you could swap in a V8 or put in a V12 or anything you wanted.

Are you wondering more about what would have to be changed? I dont think that too many people have considered this as trading in is the best idea.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's the easiest way........they say it can keep up or pull a 5.7...

Thomas Knight Turbos has developed a kit just for the v-6 guys.

This is the info. we have:
OUR KITS ARE SET UP TO PRODUCE A VERY SAFE AND MODERATE 4.5 PSI BOOST. OUR SXT SHOWED A 62 WHEEL HP GAIN. THE SE IS SLIGHTLY LOWER.
OUR UNITS ARE COMPRISED OF GARRETT T66 FAMILY HOSUINGS AND GARRETT T18 CATERPILLAR IMPELLERS. THIS ALLOWS FOR 4-5 PSI BOOST AT A LOW 32,000 RPM. WE USE FOUR AIRCRAFT GRADE 5 ABEC 5 STAINLESS SELF LUBRICATED BEARINGS, SO NO OIL LINES ARE REQUIRED. DISTRIBUTORS RECEIVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE HEAD UNIT. CUSTOMERS HAVE 1 YR UNLIMITED MILEAGE WARRANTY SUBJECT TO INSPECTION. MODIFIED UNITS VOID THE WARRANTY. ENDURANCE TESTING SHOWED 25,000 MILES AT FULL REDLINE OPERATION W/O BEARING FAILURE AT 32K RPM.

These kits come with AN ADDITIONAL INJECTOR AND PRESSURE SWITCH TO ACTIVATE THE INJECTOR AT APPROX 2 PSI. WE USE MATCHING AIR FILTERS AND SILICONE HOSES IN BLUE OR RED. WE SUPPLY THE FUEL LINES, ETC, AND A STEWART-WARNER 10 PSI BOOST/VACUUM GAUGE.
COLOR OPTIONS:
SILICONE HOSES AND AIR FILTER--BLUE OR RED
BELT DRIVE TURBO COMPRESSOR HOUSING--BLUE, RED, SILVER, BLACK
BELT DRIVE TURBO-TO-THROTTLE BODY PIPE--BLACK OR POLISHED

These kits will retail for $3495.00 and $85.00 shipping. Thru a special offer these kits will be sold to fourm members for $2995.00 and $85.00 until 10/01/07.

If there is enough intrest in these kits I will get them added to website so that orders can be placed for the. Expect 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Power Ported can get you to a 5.7 or 370 ci displacement using a 5.7L block core, which would the least cost route to go. We cna work up a quote for you if you are really interested in exploring this. It can be done as the 3.5L 5 speed transmission can be used. It is the same transmission used on the 5.7L and the 6.1L engines. Call today and ask for Tim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts