Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking get V8 Hemi or V6 3.5.is that V6 good enough?and 2005 Hemi til now.got many problem.suspesione etc?

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
This question does not compute... If you can afford the V8, there should not even be a choice.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
once you get a v8 you'll never get go back

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you can afford the hemi, you'll regret not getting the SRT8. Don't look back, just get the SRT8.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Really? Hurm.... Wonder where my regrets have been :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got a two choice.one is 2005 V8 Hemi.run 20,000km.another is 2007 V6.but only run 6000km.the price very close.and i got a question cos 300c release on 2005 year?so anyone own 05 car running higher miles the problem is show up now?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I have 2005 300C and there is no way I would trade it for a 3.5 no matter how new or cheap. The Hemi torque, power and sound is just too addictive. The comparison also depends on how the cars are optioned.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
thinking get V8 Hemi or V6 3.5.is that V6 good enough?and 2005 Hemi til now.got many problem.suspesione etc?
depends on why you want a Chrysler 300; what is the attraction for you? If it is just the styling & comfort go with a V6 and save some money. If you like power & torque then there's no question; get the Hemi.

For me it was both; when I first saw a picture of the 300 in Motor Trend (or was it Car & Driver??) before they were released I did a double take and though "WOW that car looks Bad A$$, too bad it will no doubt be FWD with a V6!" Then when I read that it would have a proper RWD platform and be offered with a powerful V8, I knew I had to have one.
The styling grabbed me, but I would not have bought one just for the styling if I could not have gotten a V8; on the other hand I wouldn't buy a Charger even WITH the Hemi because the styling just does nothing for me (no offense to Charger owners, just not for me).

So yeah..... what about the 300 grabs you? answer that and you'll know which one to get!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
300c The Look is Amazing.interior spcae is good when im drive my family....

have a question what i need to attention buy second hand 300c like 2005 year Hemi v8?? it run 260,000km.

also is all V6 2007 is RWD??thank

·
Registered
70 Posts
300c The Look is Amazing.interior spcae is good when im drive my family....

have a question what i need to attention buy second hand 300c like 2005 year Hemi v8?? it run 260,000km.

also is all V6 2007 is RWD??thank
Could you restate this question in english?

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
As above. Sentence structure will help make understanding your question a hell of a lot easier. I have no idea what your asking????????

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
OK Folks, give the guy a break. English is not his first language....

What he's asking and has been asking since his first post is this:

Anyone with an '05 300C having issues? If you have higher mileage
could you chime in and give your experiences? Since 05 was
the first year, were there many bugs? and if so, what were they?
Is the V6 in a newer year a good buy if he doesn't choose the 05?

Now, we've had our 05 since December 04 and have not had any issues.
We did not even test drive the V6 model when shopping for the car as
there didn't seem to be much price difference between similarly optioned cars.

I have heard/read reviews from the experts that say the 3.5L v6 provides
enough power to move the car, however, if you can get the v8 hemi I would highly recommend it, even with the cost of fuel these days.

Anyone else, please chime in with your experiences, especially if you've put a lot of miles on your '05 300C hemi.....

·
Registered
566 Posts
The 3.5 v6 has plenty of power for this big car, its less expensive and gets better gas mileage.

If you can afford the hemi, get it. I wish i could but it was out of my price range when i was looking for a car. I got a great deal on my car and now owe less than $10k. Thats why i went with it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is 300c born December 04 ??is Jay Z Bday.anyway thank u guy tell me more about the car.and i hope i can find the good one and join the family of 300c.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well,my opinion about v6 is :
It does have enogh power to drive around,but there is a big difference vs 5.7 or 6.1.

But i think if you just want to have almost the same look for less money and you dont care to much about power ,the v6 would be just perfec.
And if you are looking to have good power and you can afford the gas prices and the v8 go for it.

another thing that I'd like to mention is 300,300t,300c and 300csrt8 are really good looking cars!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Really? Hurm.... Wonder where my regrets have been :)
i think they got left behind along with you, when the light changed!!! lol :biggrin:

my opinion: if they didnt make the srt8, i would never have bought a 300.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts