Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
......I have an '06 300 SRT-8 ,....P1SC Procharged @ approx. 500 rwhp. This is my 1st automatic vehicle so i know NOTHING about Torque Converters except they apply pwr to ground better....So how do i determine what size or speed Converter i need to get? When i push it really hard....the transmission may studder during the shift...or not shift as fast as i want....plus...When leaving from a dead stop....if i don't ease into it....STRAIGHT to redline and into 'limp mode'. Thinking i need to upgrade my tranny to shift effortlessly in handling this power...not sure if i should do a Valve Body upgrade or Tranzformer....HELP! LOST & in definite need of guidance... :dunno:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not blown yet, but i will be here soon. the one thing I have read and have been told by others on here. Once you go S/c you are on borrowed time with the trans,motor,axles etc. you might be able to limp some more life out of it with new fluid. Buy a new built trans, nobody has the money to do it right the first time,but they always find a way to pay for it the second time.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
If you can swing a new transmition get it becouse you are on borrowed time ,I have got to get a valve body from Parramount yet but i have the TQ already it's a 3200 SRL Series 9.5" Billet Lock Up Converters And im a heads cam car going with a maggie 6 lb unit till i can replace the transmition with a southern hotrod or paramount unit.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
As long as you are not doing track after track day the tranny will hold up for a bit. At that number I would recommend the Paramount Stage 2 Valve body first! that will help with the longevity.

Reactions: Future500hp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
......I admit...this is discouraging.....Very discouraging. Was gonna up the horsepower by adding a cam....but I think i'm gonna quit while i'm ahead and try to maintain what I have. Whats the longest that you guys have heard of anyone 'Staying Together'? I just had my P1SC installed in Dec,2013

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Get yourself a TranZformer ! I just got one and it feels & goes like its got a new gear box ! For what it cost & so quick to fit , its the best bang for your buck you will ever get . Pulse turn it of and she is back to stock . Get one . PAT

Reactions: Future500hp

·
Registered
386 Posts
Get yourself a TranZformer ! I just got one and it feels & goes like its got a new gear box ! For what it cost & so quick to fit , its the best bang for your buck you will ever get . Pulse turn it of and she is back to stock . Get one . PAT
With all due respect, if his tranny is already showing signs of weakness, the Tranz will just put it in the grave faster with the higher line pressures.........the Tranz might feel good, but it DOES put additional strain on the tranny as its all done electronically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
DP300, I wouldn't say it showing signs of weakness....Its just that its having a crappy time managing the upgraded power...keep in mind my tranny is stock w/ no upgrades....n runs normal....under normal circumstances and when I push a bit. From what Ive gathered....everyone experiences what i'm going through when u have increased to 500rwhp with no tranny upgrade.....BUT heres the deal ....Whats the BEST transmission "upgrade" outside of a new converter as far as performance, (money not a factor) The TRANZFORMER....or Valve Body Upgrade?? Then again...."Which Valve Body"?......Mercedes Benz AMG Valve Body or Paramount??? I know this is a lot to digest....But please understand the crossroads im at on this....:pat: *Chime In* People..... please!

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
The only true performance increase will be with the torque convertor.However with ~ 500 rwhp launching will become the issue as street rubber will just not hold.With DR's or slicks you will maximize the trip (with a convertor) to being closer to higher torque/hp numbers. Caveat- driveline will fail sooner rather than later this way.
My personal experience would be
#1-Paramount Stage 2 VB
#2- higher stall convertor ( 28-32K for street/track duty) get a quality brand
#3- Tranzformer- Great little box that has some neat features

if you really aren't going to track her i would switch #2 and #3. And if you are,seriously consider the halfshafts and rearbeing upgraded

1 - 10 of 10 Posts