Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, own a 13 SRT8 Chrysler. Recently removed my rear resonators and due to annoying noise from the valves I managed to weld them both open all times. The car sounds pretty much nuts when u put on it. I hear the same exhaust sound from systems that costs 1000s(Australian people it sounds just like those Walkinshaw systems costing 6000+)..... If someone doesn't care much about the drone at low RPMs go and do it u wont regret it at all. in MDS mode its still much better didnt feel much headaches its just a very low constant noise which with basically 10 volume music u wont hear it. I still got mid mufflers stock and everything else is stock.

Just a question, would that little drone on low RPMs calm down if i put some aftermarket rear resonators instead of straight piped? Not planning to put back stock resonators rather put aftermarket ones for better loudness.

Thanks!

Apologies if I got it wrong with the mufflers and resonators other way around but I think I am right ::laugh::

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
Rear resonators will help mitigate the drone. You can have a pair installed. Cost would be around $400 - $500 USD

Another option is to put the car in manual mode and not let the vehicle engage MDS at all. Cost is $0 for the adjustment but you could be running at a higher RPM down the highway. Hence, fuel mileage may be reduced.

Lastly, a custom program can turn off MDS and you can go to full auto with a quieter exhaust as a result. Cost for the programmer and custom tune by email is around $450 - $500 USD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear resonators will help mitigate the drone. You can have a pair installed. Cost would be around $400 - $500 USD

Another option is to put the car in manual mode and not let the vehicle engage MDS at all. Cost is $0 for the adjustment but you could be running at a higher RPM down the highway. Hence, fuel mileage may be reduced.

Lastly, a custom program can turn off MDS and you can go to full auto with a quieter exhaust as a result. Cost for the programmer and custom tune by email is around $450 - $500 USD.
Do you know which rear resonators I could go with to quiten down that little drone? I found out exactly where it hits drone, when gear reaches high before it changes to next. I am guessing it has a high RPM drone at about 2 or 2500. Thanks for quick response and sorry for delay.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
I have no idea. I don't have an MDS equipped motor and my exhaust system is from Corsa which has resonators on it. I haven't tried anything else on the car the whole time I've owned it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have no idea. I don't have an MDS equipped motor and my exhaust system is from Corsa which has resonators on it. I haven't tried anything else on the car the whole time I've owned it.

Fitted a Corsa Sports system on my SRT and had to switch off the MDS due to the drone, the drone is not as bad as a stock catback but still some drone around 2K RPM. Looking a J pipes to remove the drone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts