Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Chrysler 300c, loaded to the max. with 47k on the clock has a Vehicle Protection Plan which expires late this month. A one year extension on the VPP is quoted at $1508. I plan to trade in the car on a late model 300 in about another year.

I'm thinking the VPP is not worth the price and going forward through 2020 uncovered, as it were. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
My 2012 300C SRT8 has been pretty reliable and my extended warranty expires in about two months. Even though I’m putting my car in the shop for warranty work on Wednesday, I will be keeping my car after the warranty is gone.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it is sort of a crap shoot. I figure $1500 is a lot of money and the car has been sort of reliable. On the other hand, almost any failure that occurs in modern automobiles these days will get you a $1000 dealer charge.

I know a guy with a first gen 300 car with well over 200k on the clock who spends nearly nothing on his car. I could never be that neglectful of my car. All I'm looking for is to glide in under the radar, hit my 50,000k mile mark and ease into a nice low mileage 2019 300c with a nice long remaining OEM warranty.

In about another year somebody will buy this 300c beauty at a bargain price. However, if the economy tanks I suppose I could drive this 2012 for another 2 or 3 years with some level of confidence low maintenance cost. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I didn’t use my Maxcare warranty enough to cover the cost of it. I plan to drive this tank for 6 more years without warranty till my kids are out of college. We will see what the AC repair costs tomorrow, but so far I think the only maxcare covered repair I’ve had was a $700 repair to the ACC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2012 Chrysler 300c, loaded to the max. with 47k on the clock has a Vehicle Protection Plan which expires late this month. A one year extension on the VPP is quoted at $1508. I plan to trade in the car on a late model 300 in about another year.

I'm thinking the VPP is not worth the price and going forward through 2020 uncovered, as it were. What do you guys think?
My 2011 c had an issue with the camshaft, which after some research turns out is a common problem with the 5.7 hemi. Cost of repair? $2900. You decide

·
Registered
9 Posts

When I purchased my 2013 300c in 2016, I purchased a CNA Warranty from the dealership. It was worth every penny because at 66,000 miles I had a major failure in the transmission/rear end. Fixed for $100.00.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
While my 300C SRT8 has been reliable, if I did the math on our 2010 Town & Country Limited I would say $20,000 went through the warranty. I got rid of that van at 77,000 miles just six weeks before the warranty ran out.

I put well over $10,000 worth of warranty work through on a CTS-V, of course that car went away a 75,000 miles at six weeks before the warranty ran out as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts