Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, my 2006 300c with 61,000 miles recently started to stall while running. Explanation: RPM gauge pulls down to 0 and goes back to normal running idle. When running engine tends not to turn off. But when full stopped comes after a few seconds the engine shut down. It will start again and starts running but at the next stop it does it again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would disconnect it and see if the stalling stops. I don’t think you can clean those.
Ok. I am guessing it can be replace then ?
Btw, per your picture I could deduct that you own a newer 300c model ... right ? I ask because I also have a 2012 300c 5.7L Hemi and for some reason every time I press the pedal for a greater feeling and keep it in high speed for a little while; when slowing down to normal speed, a fuel/carbon oxide/ odor or something similar gets inside the cabin. It is not a lot but enough odor for any passenger to notice. I still have extended warranty and at the Dealer they say that that is normal that even the Cherokee's does it. I do not believe that's normal. Asked them to lend me another car to do a road test but they haven't yet. I heard through someone at the Forum that it could be a tiny tiny tiny leak from the fuel pump that's located under the back seat. I told them but they stand by their statement that that is normal. Have you notice anything similar ? Thanks !

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok. I am guessing it can be replace then ?
Btw, per your picture I could deduct that you own a newer 300c model ... right ? I ask because I also have a 2012 300c 5.7L Hemi and for some reason every time I press the pedal for a greater feeling and keep it in high speed for a little while; when slowing down to normal speed, a fuel/carbon oxide/ odor or something similar gets inside the cabin. It is not a lot but enough odor for any passenger to notice. I still have extended warranty and at the Dealer they say that that is normal that even the Cherokee's does it. I do not believe that's normal. Asked them to lend me another car to do a road test but they haven't yet. I heard through someone at the Forum that it could be a tiny tiny tiny leak from the fuel pump that's located under the back seat. I told them but they stand by their statement that that is normal. Have you notice anything similar ? Thanks !
I had the same problem, it was a small exhaust leak where the mufflers meet the mid pipes. I only smelled it if I went wide open throttle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.