Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my SRT8 wont turn off when I press the start/stop button to switch it off, it says vehicle not in park, even tho is shows on the dash it's in park. Sometimes if I move the gear selector leverback into gear and then back to park it turns off, sometimes I just wiggle the lever and it turns off but lately it seem to be getting more frequent to the point it's doing it nearly every time ?

Any ideas ?

Does anyone know any other ways to turn it off ?

I have had to take the key away from the vehicle and after a few minutes it turned off when I pressed the start/stop button :/

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got a call from the dealer today after them diagnosing the problem for 2 days and the fault lies with in the actual shifter mechanism itself. The only way to fix it is to replace the shifter :( The cost is $1265 au inc 4 hours labour (2 diag & 2 fitting) .I'll be asking for the old shifter as well, seems an uncommon issue and considering the vehicle has only 26000 km's and it's past the 3 years warranty :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I got a call from the dealer today after them diagnosing the problem for 2 days and the fault lies with in the actual shifter mechanism itself. The only way to fix it is to replace the shifter :( The cost is $1265 au inc 4 hours labour (2 diag & 2 fitting) .I'll be asking for the old shifter as well, seems an uncommon issue and considering the vehicle has only 26000 km's and it's past the 3 years warranty :/
was this problem resolved? i’m dealing with the same issue currently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts