Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last review I did a few days ago for Adams Polishes was for their after sale service. Score A+!!! - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/buyer-seller-vendor-review/56005-vendor-review-adams-polishes.html. I thought it noteworthy enough to comment on how they looked after me when I received some damaged items.

This review is for the fine products offered to us by Adams Polishes after having used a great many of them over the past two days. I ordered two kits from them:

1. Absolute Essentials Kit - Catalog No: K003 Price: $299.95
2. Adams Machine Polishing Starter Kit - Catalog No: K022 Price: $99.95

You can see what comes with these kits in this post by [email protected] - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/664040-post3.html.

I also ordered a Porter Cable buffer as well from Tools Plus as they were on back order from Adams.

Over the past two days I used a great many of their products and I have to say I am extremely impressed by all of them. I must admit I was somewhat skeptical switching back to wax from the sealant I had previously used. My last recollection using paste wax was how hard it was to remove and the dust it left behind. Consider me reconverted back now!

What I did was first take my lap top into the garage and I followed the DVD through the complete process. There are several useful tips I wasn't aware of that saved me a lot of time on it. Here's how it started:

I began with the wheels first using the All Purpose Cleaner, spraying the wheel wells, tires, wheels and calipers. I didn't have either of the recommended brushes so I used a cloth instead. Although my wheels were pretty clean, the dust and grime just melted off. All I had to do was give them a rince and they were spotless ESPECIALLY the calipers!!! I thought they were clean before, now they look brand new again.

Next came the washing of the car using the Synthetic Wash Pads and Car Wash soap. They say you can wash in bright sunlight, but I started early before the sun shone on my driveway. Force of habit I guess. The pads are sponge, something I always thought would trap dirt in the pores, but it's a special super soft sponge that did a fantastic job. All you do is pour the soap on the pad then fill the bucket with water. Most of the soap is retained in the pad and it makes for a great bubbley cushion as you wash the car. End result after rincing completely - a perfectly clean car with no evidence of scratches or swirls. What more can I say!

After the wash I backed into the garage to dry the car. Unfortunately I didn't have a compressor or leaf blower at my disposal, but I learned a neat trick from the DVD to use their Detail Spray. That helped a lot and prevented any water spots. I cheated anyway by giving my car a final rince with filtered water from my Mr Clean unit.

On to the clay barring. As per the DVD, I took a small piece of Adams Clay Bar and squeezed it flat by pressing it on my windshield to make it perfectly flat. Then came the clay barring of the complete car. I did the plastic bag test and probably could have skipped this step as it was smooth. I figured I'm going all out and my end result would be the pay off for me! Using the Detail Spray I clayed the whole car. I didn't notice any visible contaminates, but I'm sure they were there.

Next came the polishing step. Because I bought a Porter Cable buffer I used the Fine Machine Polish specifically meant for the power buffer. I had never used a machine before and all I can say is it saved me a ton of time and effort. I'm glad I went that route for sure!!!

The next step surpised me a little, but now that I think of it, it makes perfect sense. I went on to clean the windows while the polish was still on the car. The thought here is the glass cleaner wouldn't affect the paint if it was sprayed on it. Using the Adams Glass Cleaner and a microfiber towel my windows came out absolutely SPOTLESS, STREAKLESS and PERFECT!!!

Another really neat trick from the DVD is to let the buffer do the hard work of removing the polish. All you do it place the buffer on a Super Plush Microfiber Polishing Towel and let it take the polish off!!! If I were to say these towels are soft that would be an under statement. I've never felt anything so plush and soft. Do yourselves a favour and get some of these towels.

Now on to the wax, the step I was really dreading. All I was thinking was what a bitch it would be to get off. Not the case at all BTW. Again I used the buffer and Adams Machine Super Wax to do the job. I thought here we go, one panel at a time and I was in store for a very tedious time consuming ordeal. Nope, you do the whole car all at once. The wax went on very easy and came off with hand buffing using the microfiber polishing towels. I then noticed I wasn't alone in my garage. Some guy was staring at me grinning. I could see his reflection in my paint...haha. Yeah, it was me. What more can I say other than the wax is phenominal!!!

I was beat at this point and called it a day yesterday evening figuring I'd do the rest today. This morning I got the idea of using the Buttery Wax, mainly because there was some discussion about it here today and I'd heard about it from bruno before and what a great product it was. Just looking at the bottle made me think of butter and I HAD to use it.

This step I did by hand and again you do the whole car then hand buff off just like sealant. It went on super easy and came off almost as effortlessly. Now I see why the call it "buttery". It really reminded me of soft butter. The most noticable thing was there's absolutely no wax dust when you take it off. Those are my recollections the last time I used wax. The end result was an absolutely mirror like finish. I lightly ran the back of my hand across it and it really felt like glass!!!

To finish things off I then used Adams Brilliant Spray Glaze. You spray it onto a Super Plush Microfiber Polish and Wax Applicator and again cover the whole car. After that it's just a matter of hand buffing off and that guy appears in your paint again!!!...haha.

I ended up straying a little out of sequence as per the DVD by doing the wheel wells next using the Adams Undercarriage Spray. I always used to use tire dressing for this. This product is MUCH easier and it's true, the wheel wells just disappear!!!

The final task was the tires using Adams Vinyl, Rubber, & Tire Protectant (VRT). I've always used a high gloss tire dressing, but this one gives a more natural look to the rubber. It was very easy to use with the square Detail Sponges that came with the kit.

I'm sure I've forgotten some of the steps I took and some of the products I used, but what's important is what I thought of all the Adams Polishes products and the end result I achieved. All I can say is I'm 100% pleased with every product I used. I HIGHLY recommend Adams Polishes to anyone who cares about the appearance of their car by ordering from this Supporting Vendor at www.300cforums.com. I know for a fact I'll be ordering again and there's a few more things I intend to get, namely the boars hair brush and the wheel well brush. I'm also going to be ordering both the number 1 and 2 polishes for all the chrome on my bike. The demo on the DVD sold me on that!

Next, the pics I took. After finishing up I took a shower and headed out to pick up a case of well deserved beer, Molson Canadian of course!!! Much to my dismay it was very windy and soon after my car was covered in a fine layer of dust. Ain't that just the case eh!!! That's fine though cuz a simple wash will get her back just fine. The hardest part was finding a suitable place to take some pics. I just couldn't find anywhere interesting, but what I took should suffice. Even the pics don't do it proper justice. Seeing is believing though.

BTW, I didn't do anything with the interior yet using the rest of the products I bought. That's still to come, but the inside of my car is pretty clean right now anyway.

Pics in a few minutes...!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried my best to get some reflective shots, but didn't do all that good with it. Trust me though, it's reflective even with the dust on it...

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Don't know if you can see this, but this is in front of my daughter's house and there's a huge raccoon on her roof above the front door!!!

These are Emma approved...

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Fabulous step-by-step review, Rambit! I'm exhausted just reading it, lol! Adam's Polishes should hire you to promote their products!

I have never even taken the time to do all that you have done with your first Adam's detail. But, I hope others will take your advice, purchase from a great forum vendor, and showcase their final vehicle results as you did.

The photos are outstanding and your paint glistens like sheer glass. I'm amazed at how new your tires and rims look as well. The close up of the metal flake in the paint speaks volumes, too. (The Beer Store marquee is funny,)

Thanks for sharing your newfound lessons, results, photos, and product review for another great 300c forums vendor. :fing02:

bruno

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Adams is running a weekly contest here. One of these pics will be my entry. All that's necessary is to have one of their products in the pic. Of course I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to have Emma in there too!!!

----------------------

That's all folks. Do yourself and your car a huge favour and order some of Adams Polishes products. You certainly won't regret it.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Racoon on the roof????? I would be more worried about that monstrous, potentially damaging rusted truck parked up against your rear bumper!

Looks like you have been feeding Emma table scraps again! :nono:

bruno

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Racoon on the roof????? I would be more worried about that monstrous, potentially damaging rusted truck parked up against your rear bumper!

Looks like you have been feeding Emma table scraps again! :nono:

bruno
Emma's just fine and gets nothing but the best. Tonight she had steak. I was a little concerned about the truck too BTW. They were delivering a washer/dryer to the next door neighbour.

Animal Control wants $300 to remove the racoon. I couldn't believe that seeing as they're a known carrier of rabies. Carol's worried it'll get into the house somehow.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Steak? Well, no wonder!

Carol should be worried about that racoon getting into her attic space. Trust me, where there is one, the other family members are around, too. They got into my mom's attic after pulling off the a roof vent and made themselves at home. The damage the whole family did inside was unbelievable. I can't put it in print because of this being a family forum!

bruno

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steak? Well, no wonder!

Carol should be worried about that racoon getting into her attic space. Trust me, where there is one, the other family members are around, too. They got into my mom's attic after pulling off the a roof vent and made themselves at home. The damage the whole family did inside was unbelievable. I can't put it in print because of this being a family forum!

bruno
Are you saying they had sex in the house, then crapped all over the place, then had more sex, ate then mated again? Some animals get all the fun.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:twak: No! I didn't say anything!
Humm, so if they didn't have sex in Pappa Bear's bed or Mama Bear's bed nor Bady Bear's bed, and they didn't crap all over the house, what on earth is a poor racoon to do? Not a lot of options out there for the poor little critters to pass the time away.

I did warn Carol about them getting into the attic and I'm betting that's a female with a whole lot of racoon eggs inside her....haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
165 Posts
its amazing.. believe me if my became like this, i won't drive.. or i will put cover sheet on it...

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Damn your car look fantastic! Are those the original tires? Boy I love that Emma. I've been on the Internet looking for other car things and your car with Emma show up! She's famous.

Great pics, Rambit!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts