Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A body shop will be installing this hood for me. :32:

While the car is apart I want to do the updated grill too, but would like to match the mesh of the hood with the mesh of the grill (and bottom bumper mesh inserts also).

Suggestions for a great quality grill and inserts appreciated!
Regards.

(New additions with pics posted: Mopar cold air filter system, Mopar strut bar):147:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I guess no one has measured the mesh.
The grill arrives in the next day or so, and I'll go and measure myself.
A Grip grill will then be ordered with corresponding mesh. This will delay the project, but I'm gonna do it right.
I'd like to Halo the lights also, but I really don't want an extra switch in the cabin and the hassle of wiring. Meh.
Some of those LED running lights in the lower bumper cutouts will suffice I think.
Excitement builds as I get closer to making this car my own design.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looking forward to pictures. I am close to ordering the Grip Tuning grill also. Can you PM me how everything arrives and what all is needed to cut the mesh and install it on the Grill.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to go without the Grip Grill and mesh. They told me the mesh (small diameter mesh) would interfere with the ACC. Of course, the grill would work without the mesh I assume, but then you get to see all the stuff behind the grill- didn't look very neat to me.
Regards.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
I had to go without the Grip Grill and mesh. They told me the mesh (small diameter mesh) would interfere with the ACC. Of course, the grill would work without the mesh I assume, but then you get to see all the stuff behind the grill- didn't look very neat to me.
Regards.
this is my grille.......my ACC is unaffected by the small mesh size

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I can say is Grip sent me an email saying their mesh wouldn't allow the ACC to function correctly. Reading through the forums, some people thought the steel/alum/wire mesh caused the interference, while the plastic chrome mesh did not. So, I went with a grill similar to yours (perhaps larger diameter mesh) since the vendor said the ACC would work.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts