Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok- took the srt8 charger (only mod, Mopar CAI, Diablo canned 93 perf tune) to get a cmr/dyno tune. Here is what the guy told me, before he even took the keys from me. "I have done several of these in the last few weks, and they all dyno better stock than they do withthe diablo canned tune...sometimes 15 hp better" Well, I have not heard of that ..so I thought he was nuts.

results: HP torque

stock 382.5 370.8
diablo canned 373.2 367.9
custom tune 403.7 399.8

long cool downs were done before each result. What do you think?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thats strange, because mine gained 20hp and 20ft/lbs on the canned tune at the rear wheels. 370/366 stock, 390/386 with the 93 CAI tune. CMR tuning will happen in the near furture to see if we can get her above 400 at the wheels.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i got good results and my tuner didnt think i would get over 385, he said he could have pushed further but wanted to give the knck sensors a lil more respect and not go too lean

im happy you got good results with yours too!
have fun with your newfound power!

heres mine for reference

·
Registered
30 Posts
What???

I just checked out the livernois motorsports website... I can't believe my eyes... Did you get a mopar predator cmr dyno tune in Michigan??? Tell me how it went... How long did you get on the dyno??? How many mopar tunes have these boys done??? Price??? PM me if you need to...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked out the livernois motorsports website... I can't believe my eyes... Did you get a mopar predator cmr dyno tune in Michigan??? Tell me how it went... How long did you get on the dyno??? How many mopar tunes have these boys done??? Price??? PM me if you need to...

yes...dearboirn Heights. Livernois is one of the most respected names in the business..they do everything form modifications to complete builds. They have been in business for a long time. Now..they have more of a reputation for Mustangs but they are the local place to go for a Diablo tune, on the dyno, in apprpriate conditions. They have done several dozen srt8s/hemis in the last few months. They did a stock pull, let the car cool down, did a canned diablo pul...cool down, and then 4 or 5 pulls while tuning with an o2 bung attached.

They charged me $450, and thats because I already had the Predator hanheld unit. They can sell yout that if you need it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Damn. Nice. Funny to hear this because I'm telling ya my car just feels stronger with the 93 CAI canned tune in it. Makes me wonder how much room is left.

·
Registered
163 Posts
what i think

ok- took the srt8 charger (only mod, Mopar CAI, Diablo canned 93 perf tune) to get a cmr/dyno tune. Here is what the guy told me, before he even took the keys from me. "I have done several of these in the last few weks, and they all dyno better stock than they do withthe diablo canned tune...sometimes 15 hp better" Well, I have not heard of that ..so I thought he was nuts.

results: HP torque

stock 382.5 370.8
diablo canned 373.2 367.9
custom tune 403.7 399.8

long cool downs were done before each result. What do you think?

I think 400 RWHP/tq is a ton for a stock motor and tune :scared: that is around 480-485 at the motor using 17% loss - good grief.

cars are not going to have this kind of power 10 years from now.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Damn. Nice. Funny to hear this because I'm telling ya my car just feels stronger with the 93 CAI canned tune in it. Makes me wonder how much room is left.
i felt the same at first with mine as well.

believe it or not, i think i was deceived by the firmer shifting thinking i had more power when i really didnt.

have you been on a dyno for a before and after?
or run it on track before and after?

you may be surprised like me.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
butt

yes, the "Butt Dyno" is notoriously inaccurate!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Something is very strange with those results and do not mimick 99% of others dyno/track results. With the addition of the 93 CAI tune and a AFE, I went from 13.6 @106 to 12.95 at 109.:scared: So it made a huge power difference on my car (have not run it at track or dyno'd since addition of heads/cam).

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I think the reduced torque management, firmer shifts and extra 300-400 rpms make the car faster...even if it is putting slightly less to the wheels on the canned tunes.

This is just more reason to CMR tune your SRT8 if you can...it's money well spent. My car is definitely stronger at takeoff, but when it builds revs through the powerband, I can feel the $200 I spent on the CMR tune for sure!

Eric

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the reduced torque management, firmer shifts and extra 300-400 rpms make the car faster...even if it is putting slightly less to the wheels on the canned tunes.

This is just more reason to CMR tune your SRT8 if you can...it's money well spent. My car is definitely stronger at takeoff, but when it builds revs through the powerband, I can feel the $200 I spent on the CMR tune for sure!

Eric
Eric, Who did your tune? Did you have it dyno'd? Any results?

John

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
John,
I got it done at Power Ported Performance's shop here in Cincinnati which is actually out of a big tuner shop called Modular Depot. I made 386hp/387tq...and while those numbers don't sound too large, their dyno reads lower than most. Stock SRT8s put down 350-355 there, and the shop barometer read 29.0-29.1 while dialing it in, and that was the lowest Ken the tuner said he had ever seen it!

I'm going to the track this weekend, Edgewater in Cincinnati. Wanna go?

Eric

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
whatever you do to tune your cars, DO NOT DO AN EMAIL TUNE!

i did it before the real CMR tune.

the email one just dumped a bunch of fuel in in an attempt to get rid of knock, making my car so FAT rich it would bog down anywhere above 4500 rpm.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Any one know of a good place in Orange County CA. for a CMR tune
Yes, this guy is really good. He just did the handheld adjustments, not the CMR, on the dyno with the sniffer. I have never seen anyone with a CMR tune make as much hp before and after. This was with just a K&N CAI and 180 tstat (stock exhaust). He did 3 srt8s the same day as mine and all of us picked up 40 hp and 40 tq to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How much did you spend?

Yes, this guy is really good. He just did the handheld adjustments, not the CMR, on the dyno with the sniffer. I have never seen anyone with a CMR tune make as much hp before and after. This was with just a K&N CAI and 180 tstat (stock exhaust). He did 3 srt8s the same day as mine and all of us picked up 40 hp and 40 tq to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Livernois is now doing emailed tunes but you send them your Diablo though. I have them doing mine now and next Saturday I am confirming the results at D'agostino. $200 for the Livernois tunes and they are doing alot these days I hear. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts