Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But probably an easy fix, im just too stupid to work it out!
My climate control won't work!... except when it does. Nothing works at all, including rear screen demist, but a strange thing happened last week, I was turning the engine over and after a while the starter motor cut out... I know it does this to protect the starter motor but as it cut out both fans came on for just a second then shut down again, any suggestions?
It's a 3 ltr merc engine 2008 300c please help coz I'm old and it's cold!

· Registered
2014 CRD
1,872 Posts
On your starting problem try:
1. Turn the key but don't start the car for about 10 seconds, then start. This is to give time for the glow plugs to warm up. Could be battery/alternator or glow plug issue
2. Get any codes read. Possible you don't have a full set of 6 glow plugs in working order

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DGO thank you for your reply, I know I have a problem with 1 glow plug and you have now confirmed it but that wasn't the reason for my post, i realy need to fix my climate control problem before I freeze to death, the car has other wierd problems but I'll cover them as as soon as this ibe is fixed. Thanks again for the reply it did confirm what I suspected

· Registered
2014 CRD
1,872 Posts
OK question on your climate control (though I'm confused when you say the rear defrost doesn't work too)

1. Do you get a clicking from under the dash when changing the direction of airflow and/or the heat? I'm thinking blend door actuator problems - search the forum for that
2. Is it always cold of just until the engine warms up? CRDs have an electrical heating element that works to give heat before the engine is warm. Two things with that:
(1) the wiring can deteriorate given the load; (2) it shows up a weak alternator (also a CRD problem) and/or battery

How old is your car, the battery and have you ever had the alternator replaced?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts