Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,566 Posts
Many many folks are concerned with this, from many different aspects including hackers, theives and Big Brother.

Time to bring back the cassette player and dump this satellite nonsense. :)

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
FCA has already issued a fix for this hack, which by the way, isn't that easy to do regardless. Applies for 2013s and newer vehicles. Can be downloaded by the customer (just provide your full VIN on the correct site) and uploaded to the car via USB thumbdrive... or a dealer visit.

Just looked up the info myself because of our new 2015 300C Platinum. But have to wait for it to get back from Wisconsin where the wife has it at a church musicians conference.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I haven't seen the 300 mentioned in this. You'd think the 2015's would have the fix applied during assembly given the problem was identified some time ago. Still a good idea to check with the dealer if you have '15.

Other than that, no reason go back to 8 track. I would probably get an Alpine 7909 if I had my choice in the matter and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Why wait? Just log on with your smartphone, and drive it home from the comfort of your own living room.

...what, you thought that app you downloaded was just a game? ;)
LOL! All the app does is provide for remote start-stop, locking-unlocking doors, flashing lights/honking horn, and playing music through Via Mobile.

And when we tried the remote start/stop while it was in the garage, we also get an email telling us the start/stop messages were received and processed.

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just read today that FCA is recalling 1.4M vehicles for this. Only MY 2015 Chrysler 300's are recalled.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts