Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
We may be owners of a rare car here in Oz but from this forum its seems that we are an enthusiastic lot, so I was wondering if there was merit in us all getting together sometime. Bounced this off HEMI57 and we decided that it maybe worth trying for the Chryslers by the Bay show on 12th March 06 for a kick off. We are both going and the club tell me that they have two others entered (any body here?) plus two from DC for starters.
Chryslers by the Bay is a large show for Chryslers in Vic. and covers all models from earlies to current. Good atmosphere and well run by Bay City Chrysler club.
Us coming from Melb. meet about 8-00am at the Shell servo. on the Westgate Bridge and convoy down to the show which is held at the Geelong Grammer School, entering from the Foreshore Rd.
Anybody interested? What about you guys still waiting for delivery?
Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Arnold, this is a good idea. I would be interested but my parents are coming from overseas for a week or two. If they'r leaving before the 12th March, I'll try to make it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Arnold,

I'm one of the others thats entered. Unfortunately my car won't be looking as I had hoped as I'm still waititng on some of the gear. Nevermind.
I'm interested but my 15 week old daughter is in charge of our departure times as you could well imagine :yell:.
I'll get back to you shortly.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Arnold, I revved up Snoopdolks over a cup of coffee yesterday too. He has junior members of the family priorities just like Spock so may not be able to come along.

We will wait and see if he responds.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Unfortunately, for all my efforts, i am yet to own a chrysler.

Rule me out until i get my car (last word was christmas, but that was hemi57 winding me up, hopefully it comes sooner!)

·
Registered
111 Posts
VICs catch up

Hi Arnold...i was just saying to Hemi 57 that it would be great to get the VICs together so we can admire rides (and I can drool over all the mods) and meet in person. Unfortunately a combination of my work schedule and 2 little ones under 3 y.o probably prevents me from being able to get there by 8am to head off for the cruise to Geelong. I will, however, try to make a family day of it a little later in the morning and I'll give Hemi57 a call if and when I'm on my way. I'd be interested in a quick catch up somewhere on a Saturday afternoon for a beer somewhere though in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Arnold, I'll like to be there let you know soon.

There is Nooooooooooway I'll have my 300c its' probably not even on the boat.

No probs, in driving in another Chrysler...? Jeep..!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Another thing i can't make it to! Dammit:pat: . That's the Labour Day long weekend and i won't be in town. I haven't got my car yet anyway but i still would have loved to have come along. Oh well - maybe next time - again! I'm missing out on the detailing workshop too!! Not having much luck with my timing at the moment.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all, see there is interest in a get together.
snoopdolks, Love to have a beer some saturday afternoon, but you will have to count us out in March as beside Geelong we will be in Adelaide the next weekend for Chrysler orientated business (more later) and the next weekend is "Chryslers on the Murray' which is without doubt the biggest and best Chrysler run in Oz.
New300c, of course your Jeep will be welcome at Geelong as a Chrysler product.
Cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've decided i will come along with the family, make a day of it and stay down the coast for the night. We have a jeep cherokee so good to hear they are welcome!

Won't make it to early meet as i need to wait for little one to wake up, but we'll be down there probably around lunchtime. Will come see ya's when i get there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We're In!

For those who are planning to make the trek to Geelong, I will also be putting the family in the 300C for the trip down on Sunday after I install the two removeable rear seat mods! Expect to get there around lunch time if we leave Melbourne around 10(ish)am.

Looking forward to it....just hope she stays clean this week!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Doesn't look as though I'll be entering the car after all. Can't get all the mods completed in time. I'll still cruise down with the family and check it out though. Hope to meet some of you there.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Arnold, I still plan on hooking up with you at Shell Westgate at around 8:00am. Looking forward to this and hoping there is s sea breeze in Geelong :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hemi57 said:
Arnold, I still plan on hooking up with you at Shell Westgate at around 8:00am. Looking forward to this and hoping there is s sea breeze in Geelong :D
HEMI57.Trust that a man with your computer capabilities will bring a camera so that we can post some photos of our first get together on this site.
We are looking forward to meeting some of you 300C owners for the first time.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Arnold, yes you can be assured, there will be photographic evidence :masked:

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Well folks the Geelong Chryslers on the bay show was a great success.

Roll call in order of arrival at Shell Westgate and then at the "showground":

HEMI57
New300c
Arnoldpatch
Snoopdolks
Spock1

Where were you Domenic?? Maybe you were there and we missed you as I was walking around a bit.

Hopefully we may have a couple of other 300C fans joining this great Forum :)

Here is photographic evidence of HEMI 57 (John) & AHEMI (Arnold) and if you look closely you will see the the back half of New300c's Jeep a couple of cars along. Sorry New300c. I should have taken a different angle.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It was great to finally meet some of you guys.
Thanks for those neat little tips you gave me Hemi57.
Let me know what exhaust you end up going with Snoopdolks.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Couple more pics from Geelong:

An Aussie variation on HEMEEE's "Number Plate"

An Aussie "DUB" version:

Maybe these guys will join up here on teh forum and impart their 300C experiences??? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Looks like all you guys had a blast. Some great looking cars there. Thanks for posting the pics Hemi57. Will definitely (hopefully!) be at the next one.
Shane

1 - 20 of 33 Posts