Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
wesexcellence said:
For some reason, Zippy won't let me host. And I haven't found another that works well. I took the video on my phone, but I'm having trouble getting it to even show consistently on my desktop. Any help?
What format is it? Zippy supports avi, mpg, wmv, asf, rm, swf, mov

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, that looks pretty slick. I've got a couple of questions about the way it works though.

1. What does the lifting? I was expecting to see a gas strut or something running from the bottom corner of the door opening to the door, but didn't see it in the video clip.

2. Does the opening action dampen as the door reaches its full height, or if you let go of the door will it bounce violently? If not, do you have any plans to pop the doors with a remote?

3. How do you close it when you're getting into the car? Pull it down, hold it, sit, and then swing it shut?

-Christian

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MHC said:
Wow, that looks pretty slick. I've got a couple of questions about the way it works though.

1. What does the lifting? I was expecting to see a gas strut or something running from the bottom corner of the door opening to the door, but didn't see it in the video clip.

2. Does the opening action dampen as the door reaches its full height, or if you let go of the door will it bounce violently? If not, do you have any plans to pop the doors with a remote?

3. How do you close it when you're getting into the car? Pull it down, hold it, sit, and then swing it shut?

-Christian
Thanks for the questions. There are two gas struts running horizonally behind the fender. We change them to the right strength for each vehicle. The door glides smoothly and won't shake at the top. It's much like a rear glass on a SUV or the like.
As far as closing, when you gently (my 14 yr old daughter does it) pull the door down it rests until you pull it closed. The hinge path keeps it from flying up.
Hope this helps, Wes

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
I get this message...
----------------------------------------------------------

Download Error

TOO MANY RECENT DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS

The URL you are using to download this file from has been used from too many different locations. Please wait a while before trying again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Contact us if you have any questions, and please include the URL of this document in your correspondence.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm using a mac. Was this video taken with a camera phone? I've only been able to view videos from camera phones on my mac.

Thanks for the info on your setup.

-Christian

1 - 20 of 50 Posts