Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tommorrow in the AM I am getting the center part of my hood covered with some black vinyl. I am getting a paint job after my return comes back but I wanted to fool around a little bit.

If some one has pictures of vinyl work in the hood please post up. I am desperate for some inspiration. Hazman, bro if u see this post and you can come up with something I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you! :)

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen anyone do that here and I really don't think it would look good at all to be honest. Are you just experimenting to see how it would look before you paint it?

Bernie

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes... just a temporary thing before i paint it, that way i know what I want. I've been requesting some photchop but its never really coming around.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I forgot who it was, either on this forum or another 300 forum I seen somone vinyl the hood and roof it didn't look bad! i was thinking of painting my roof black.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I'm fairly sure Bert (Nauticasprt) did that with vinyl. As I recall it looks pretty good actually. Too bad he's not here anymore though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My search skills are down the drain

I cant find one picture with vinyl :( ....

If someone finds something plz plz plz post up.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
here's nautcasprt6's vinyl work:

hes done alot more to it..........try searching his posts at some of the other forums if you need more pics........

·
Registered
859 Posts
I saw a guy at a cars show that had vinyl work on his hood but it had a big mural on it! He said its a cheaper alternative to painting it and it looked great, he also had his wheels wrapped in vinyl...

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm debating wrapping my roof in flat black... post up pics when you get it done!

the reason i am thinking about wrappying instead of painting is because of re-sale value. If the next buyer doesnt like it they can just take off the vinal, while paint will reduce the value of the car

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm debating wrapping my roof in flat black... post up pics when you get it done!

the reason i am thinking about wrappying instead of painting is because of re-sale value. If the next buyer doesnt like it they can just take off the vinal, while paint will reduce the value of the car
I was thinking the same, It's a whole lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's nautcasprt6's vinyl work:

hes done alot more to it..........try searching his posts at some of the other forums if you need more pics........

OHHHH yeah i am done... this weekend I am doing something for sure :D

I saw the black one with the stripes too but mine is a CV so i think this look would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
how much would sumtin like that cost with the hood, roof, and trunk done?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I had my previous BB 300C's hood done in a chrome vinyl. It's been on the car about 2.5 years and still looks pretty good. My father owns that car now...

Reactions: jshawn799

·
Registered
690 Posts
After seeing those pics of the silver one with the black i really think im going to hit the roof. Cant decide on glossy black or flat. I love flat black, but glossy may suit the car better. Dark windows and glossy black wheels

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
oh boy i like that crome on that black 300

1 - 20 of 24 Posts