Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out driving today. And I see a white viper with some blue on the center of the hood. He is coming up behind me quick. He passed me in the other lane. And iit looks to be around a 2005. But im not positive. It was the SRT10 though.

He ended up having to stop at a red light. He was in the right lane. there was a car in the left lane. So I pulled up behind him in the right lane. When the light turned green, we both took off. I had to let off, because I was glued to his ass. And gaining speed. We were ahead of the other traffic by now. And the next light was red. So I moved over to the left lane. I looked out at him, and asked if he was giving it everything he had back there. He told me, he couldnt give it everything till 4th gear. Because he would start to spin. Obviously I already know this. The Viper has sick torque. I am sure the guy knows how to feather the throttle, to prevent spinning tires.

Anyway, the light turns green. And we both punch it. I hooked up with one of my best launches ever. no tire spin at all. And I was able to put a car length on him within seconds. We shut it down, after about a 1/8th of a mile. And I was a good car and a half ahead at least.

The guy bailed at the last second, at the next intersection. I dont know if he was able to hear the S/C whine over my exhaust. But I assume he didnt, since he took off with his tail tucked between his legs. I was gonna tell him not to feel bad, since I was supercharged. But I never got a chance, since he turned off.

I have been wanting to line up with a Viper ever since i got the blower. And it finally happened. And I was quite impressed with the result. The vette will kill me I am sure, since they launch better. But the Viper is so crazy, you almost gotta be a pro race driver to launch it properly. So I knew it would be a drivers race.

Just wanted to share my spoils of war. :biggrin:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! how much boost?
its just the standard vortech kit. 5.5psi. going to be getting a CMR tune done soon though. so that will give me even more power. im running 460rwhp right now.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Congrats on the kill bro!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wish I could have seen his face to get beaten down by a 300 witha blower.
His $80,000 must have been burning after that.

Good kill! Cool Car!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
im surprised we havent heard something like this yet.....

"nice but good thing you didnt run into a 2008 viper, i've driven one and they have 600 hp, all i gotta say is they are a lot faster than an SRT8."

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

great job bro and i am sure he is takin that viper somewhere to ask them why he got his ars handed to him by a sedan.

he says he wasnt all in it? i bet he was when he started gettin pulled on. bet that pedal was goin through the firewall tryin to catch up with ya!

so you cant hear the blower very well from outside?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
its just the standard vortech kit. 5.5psi. going to be getting a CMR tune done soon though. so that will give me even more power. im running 460rwhp right now.
"just the standard vortech kit"?

the word "just" doesnt belong in that sentence. ha ha. like sayin "it's just $1,000,000 dollars"
bet with a tune you pick up a good bit of power, you runnin a little rich right now?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Viper has manual tranny. It really comes to driver to do all that work. I think, I cannot even match 300C auto tranny if I go from 0 to 60. I am not even sure I would be able to work as fast if I was driving manual every day. Autostick is mostly helpful when I want to downshift to pass someone quickly.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im surprised we havent heard something like this yet.....

"nice but good thing you didnt run into a 2008 viper, i've driven one and they have 600 hp, all i gotta say is they are a lot faster than an SRT8."

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

great job bro and i am sure he is takin that viper somewhere to ask them why he got his ars handed to him by a sedan.

he says he wasnt all in it? i bet he was when he started gettin pulled on. bet that pedal was goin through the firewall tryin to catch up with ya!

so you cant hear the blower very well from outside?
i didnt ever think i would be any competition for a 2008 viper. those things sound crazy fast.

im not sure about the blower sound. the centrifugal doesnt make even near the noise, that a roots will. i cant hear it at all inside the car. the only comment people ever make when i drive by them is. "[email protected]!! im deaf now, that exhaust is so loud" so im thinking, the exhaust might drown out the blower. which is good, cause its more of a sleeper that way.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont know about on the street with the lame everyday driver... but on the track I can tell you that the viper doesnt hook for crap. Even when in motion, the viper isnt really the beast that we all beleive. The power to weight ratio is MAD and even though the tires are large still cant really get them to hook up. I was at the SRT Track Exp. over the weekend in Dallas, and the Jeep could close ground on the viper in the curves and only on long stretches would the viper really pull away. Not saying in anyway that the SRT Jeep is king of the hill, but it is a fast ride. But the viper has issues with traction. Great concept... poor implementation! I stand by what I said at the track too.... you would think that for 90K+, it would be more comfortable!

Mace

·
Registered
426 Posts
Most drivers will not be able to handle that HP with no ESP and manual trans, I'm more amazed you got a launch with no tire spin with a supercharger, but then i see you are running 22's.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was out driving today. And I see a white viper with some blue on the center of the hood. And iit looks to be around a 2005. But im not positive. It was the SRT10 though.
Hi Someguys300c -

What you raced was an '05 Commemorative Edition, a beaut of a Viper for sure, and pretty rare. Somebody's toy.

I am sure the guy was a weekend noob, especially with the "4th gear..power'' comment. If you were lined up with a guy who knows the car well the results would have been diff - close but diff.

Nice kill anyway-

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great kill man! I also had a nice run in with a Viper about a year ago AND had my wife in the car with me. That gentleman took it a bit better than the one you raced, but who can blame him. Top MOPAR sports car vs one bad-a$$ 4-door sedan. I love it! Congrats again.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KONVICT. i used to be in calgary all the time. i dated a girl that lived there. but now, not so much. doubt if ill be down before winter. but ill see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts