Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can fit a v10 on my 300c? I just buy one complete with transmission, wire harness and ecu :33:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Does anyone know if I can fit a v10 on my 300c? I just buy one complete with transmission, wire harness and ecu :33:
Anything is possible, but be ready to fork over the cash to have it done...And it wont be cheap.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
if they can fit a viper V10 in a wrangler, im sure you can fit it in your C.

your saying you bought one already? with enough money, im sure you can do it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yikes

With enough money you could power a shopping cart with a viper motor. Anything can be done, it just costs more. Honestly I would be prepared to have full tube steel reinforcement built into the whole car to support that beast. And I would bet the exterior proportions are going to have to change to fit it or you are going to have to relocate the firewall at least and push the cabin back. I admire your cause but building a forced induction 426 for her would be alot easier. You also have to look into how the gearbox will size up underneath the 300. The Viper was basically designed around the proportions of the V-10. But if you want something nobody has than it would be super sweet. Another thing is with the instant torque available from that motor the drive shafts and differential have to go. If you do it please post pics, it could be the baddest 300 ever.:biggrin:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Why would you think that? It's 500HP/525TQ. Many modded SRT8's put out more power than that.
Do you ever respond to peoples posts without being snotty? (just an observation)

·
Registered
36 Posts
And to think Hennessy got over a 1000 horsepower out of a V10 with force induction of course. I don't think our motor will produce that kind of power

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'll be willing to bet it could, and fairly easily. Built the internals, throw on a pair of T66s and you've got well over 1000hp.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was wondering the same about the V10, since I'm also looking at some point using my forced induction with a built 426. I think the FI 426 is the much better route since a handful of topnotch companies are out there already making it happen. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable having the only car out there with a V10 set up in our cars. I'll let others be the guinea pig :biggrin: . Plus, if you crank up the boost, smaller pulley, 426, ported/polished heads, FI custom cam you'll be cranking in the 800rwhp range. Anything beyond that will probably require higher than 93 octane with the compression and it's just not worth having on the street. Best of luck with whatever you do. Please keep us posted. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
And to think Hennessy got over a 1000 horsepower out of a V10 with force induction of course. I don't think our motor will produce that kind of power

Well, considering someone very well known in the LX community has already produced ~750 rear wheel torque with nitrous on a completely stock mill 6.1, I'm pretty damn sure a built 6.1+ with forced induction can safely run 1000HP.

Hell, 5.7 LSx blocks scoff at that.

We just need some proven tuning is all. The physical parts are a non-issue.

(Hey Wildmark, was that snotty enough for you?)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Careful with the V10's. They dont handle more HP then stock very well.
The rods are very cheap along with the pistons.
If you can afford to forge those pieces then you have a HP monster on your hands

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Not

only the new gen motors, which have the EXACT same piston/rod combo we have, the older gens are pretty stout.

But then I would never build a Forced induction anything without first building a proper motor with a stout bottom end and the right comp ratio. The whole "bolt on" craze escapes me.

And, hey VVV90, I thought I was the snot around here!

·
Registered
430 Posts
You sure they have the same rods?

·
Registered
605 Posts
from my understanding you cannot do a Viper V10 engine swap in your 300. I have seen this question asked before on another forum. You would have to push back the entire front dash a number of inches just in order to get enough room to drop the engine in. Every parts on the dash interior would have to be re done or custom fabricated

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
yep

You sure they have the same rods?
Yep. They designed the new engine around the piston/rod combo. It's an efficiency thing, and it works great.

And BTW, why would anyone want the V-10. Have you heard one? They sound like crap! Too big, too heavy.

I've got a nice 502 Chevy that'll get you a lot more HP with a lot fewer pounds and relatively compact dimensions!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
There may be one or 2 in the not so distant future pushing that number. Stay tuned.

Well, considering someone very well known in the LX community has already produced ~750 rear wheel torque with nitrous on a completely stock mill 6.1, I'm pretty damn sure a built 6.1+ with forced induction can safely run 1000HP.

Hell, 5.7 LSx blocks scoff at that.

We just need some proven tuning is all. The physical parts are a non-issue.

(Hey Wildmark, was that snotty enough for you?)
Most definitely. There is 1 SRT8 pushing 750rwhp (blown/Nitrous), a 300c (5.7) with a 426 RDP Blown/PPP setup over 700rwhp (more to come) and a GCSRT8 pushing 800rwhp. The motors can definitely get there thats for sure. Hopefully there will be a 1000+ hp LX soon to hit the streets as well :).

from my understanding you cannot do a Viper V10 engine swap in your 300. I have seen this question asked before on another forum. You would have to push back the entire front dash a number of inches just in order to get enough room to drop the engine in. Every parts on the dash interior would have to be re done or custom fabricated
A certain someone has already looked into doing it and it appears it can be done. There is a lot of fab work that needs to be done, however it can be done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts