Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you who have installed a backseat entertainment system, I have a question. Where do I connect the wires? I have a service manual on the way but it won't be here until the end of next week. So in the meantime any info on how you wired your install would be helpful. The wires I need are switched power, constant power, ground, and parking brake. Also, is it necessary to add an accessory power switch or just connect the power lead directly? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Emulous said:
For any of you who have installed a backseat entertainment system, I have a question. Where do I connect the wires? I have a <a href="service%20manual" onmouseover="window.status='service manual'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">service manual</a> on the way but it won't be here until the end of next week. So in the meantime any info on how you wired your install would be helpful. The wires I need are switched power, constant power, ground, and parking brake. Also, is it necessary to add an accessory power switch or just connect the power lead directly? Thanks in advance.
Switched power is your accessory. We have installed dozens of these. We usually connect to the ign wires for good power, but I'm sure you could connect to accessory elsewhere at any switched source.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Those Visualogic look sweet. Too bad they are are using lower resolution screens
Native Resolution: of 480x234 (1440x234 dots)
337 thousand pixels

Zenarc's 700 series has a Native Resolution: of 800x480 WVGA (2400 x 480 dots)
1.15 million pixels but they don't have a built in DVD like the Visualogic's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
Say Wesexcellence, since you've installed this dozens of times do you know the wire colors and locations under the dash? If you could tell me then I could finish the install this weekend and be done!!! No popcorn in the back seat though. :D I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I did my installation and it came out perfect. However, if you follow these instructions, proceed at your own risk!

Remove the sound deadening panel from under the dash. Get under the dash and you can see the harness attaching to the back of the ignition. Slide the red tab to the right, push the lock tab and remove the harness so you can work a little easier. The 2 wires you need are the white w/ pink stripe (on/off) and the blue w/red stripe (constant power). I used the 3M T-Tap female disconnects to attach my DVD wires so I have future addition/removal potential! I soldered extensions on to the leads from the DVD headunit. The headunit remains under the driver seat, the wires are run under the center console (no removal required) and clipped onto the T-Tap disconnects. Install the headrests. Driver side wires are easy - they go right under the seat. Passenger side wires were gently guided under the center console where there is a seam in the carpet. The Silver frame and shifter were removed to run these wires. NOTE: your power seats go up/down too, watch where those wires for the headrests are run and attached.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have headrests tvs w/ the wire running down the pole. How did you run yours through the seat and out the bottom of the seat?

watchout said:
I did my installation and it came out perfect. However, if you follow these instructions, proceed at your own risk!

Remove the sound deadening panel from under the dash. Get under the dash and you can see the harness attaching to the back of the ignition. Slide the red tab to the right, push the lock tab and remove the harness so you can work a little easier. The 2 wires you need are the white w/ pink stripe (on/off) and the blue w/red stripe (constant power). I used the 3M T-Tap female disconnects to attach my DVD wires so I have future addition/removal potential! I soldered extensions on to the leads from the DVD headunit. The headunit remains under the driver seat, the wires are run under the center console (no removal required) and clipped onto the T-Tap disconnects. Install the headrests. Driver side wires are easy - they go right under the seat. Passenger side wires were gently guided under the center console where there is a seam in the carpet. The Silver frame and shifter were removed to run these wires. NOTE: your power seats go up/down too, watch where those wires for the headrests are run and attached.

·
Registered
165 Posts
At the bottom of each seat is a "J" channel tha thold the seat covers on. It's tough, but it can be opened. Tip - tilt the seat all-the-way forward to get more access to that area.

Once you have that open, you should be able to snake the wires down and reach up in the seat to get the wires. Route the wires towards the center console on each seat. After you re-attach the "J" channel, the wires will easily fit through a small opening in the corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts