Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a Volant air intake system installed on my car. My car was the proto type for this system. They do have a system availble for the Magnum, but the underside of the intake is different for the 300c. They remove everything on the stock system. The performance gains are excellent. The low end is good, but the mid to high end are incredible. The sound that the system produces is excellent. The crew at Volant was outstanding and took their time to get it right. They are willing to do a group buy through INCA Motorsport 909-477-3337 ask for Max. The price I think is $279.00 shipped. On Feb 28 the price will go up to $328.00 shipped. This is another one of those mods that I would again in a second. Make sure you tell them you have a 300c. This unit is a work of art, when you open the hood it looks awsome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Is that center picture showing an opening on the main box? Any pictures of the inside of it?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The air is coming in through the right air intake. I'd like to have some type of funnel cover made for this. I haven't had any problems with the rain. Next week when we meet I'd like to get some imput from the group or idea's.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the photos fatchance. Does it also breath from the wheel well, and what kind of filter is used? I really like the looks of this unit.
Ok your second post answered my first question, how about the filter. Is it one that has to be oiled or replaced, cone or flat?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Answered my own questions at volentperformance.com. This is the best looking unit to date and seams to be designed very well. Very tempting!

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Well fatchance, as I said in my PM... that is CLEAN! The rest of my questions are now answered too. Nice job snagging the prototype spot twice now - Volant & Shoreline!

·
Registered
124 Posts
fatchance said:
I had a Volant air intake system installed on my car. My car was the proto type for this system. They do have a system available for the Magnum, but the underside of the intake is different for the 300c. They remove everything on the stock system. The performance gains are excellent. The low end is good, but the mid to high end are incredible. The sound that the system produces is excellent. The crew at Volant was outstanding and took their time to get it right. They are willing to do a group buy through INCA Motorsport 909-477-3337 ask for Max. The price I think is $279.00 shipped. On Feb 28 the price will go up to $328.00 shipped. This is another one of those mods that I would again in a second. Make sure you tell them you have a 300c. This unit is a work of art, when you open the hood it looks awesome.
Would this mod void the warrant? With all the talk of voiding warranties I'm gun shy.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
roaringmouse said:
Would this mod void the warrant? With all the talk of voiding warranties I'm gun shy.
It most certainly would as soon as the dealer saw it they would put it in thier computer for future use. I want a Borla so bad I can taste it and I love this intake but I am not going to pull the trigger as mine is going in Monday for the 55-58mph vibration, can't you hear them saying, "the vibration is from the tranny which got screwed up from the extra power from the intake and exhaust, that will be $4,000 please" :eek: .

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
It most certainly would as soon as the dealer saw it they would put it in thier computer for future use. I want a Borla so bad I can taste it and I love this intake but I am not going to pull the trigger as mine is going in Monday for the 55-58mph vibration, can't you hear them saying, "the vibration is from the tranny which got screwed up from the extra power from the intake and exhaust, that will be $4,000 please" :eek: .
Find a new dealer, my guy here does not care about intake/exhaust mods, just dont start messing w/ forced induction or motor internals. Seriously go talk to the adviser and ask the questions. There are laws that prevent them denying a claim. I am sure you know about them...

·
Registered
291 Posts
What is the part # for 300C since it is different than the magnum part.
thanks

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
aspendog said:
Find a new dealer, my guy here does not care about intake/exhaust mods, just dont start messing w/ forced induction or motor internals. Seriously go talk to the adviser and ask the questions. There are laws that prevent them denying a claim. I am sure you know about them...
I have spoken with the svc mgr. and they of course are vague, which means to me, they will be very specific in thier denial if something blows. I will see him tomorrow when I drop it off for the vibration at 55-58mph.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
I have spoken with the svc mgr. and they of course are vague, which means to me, they will be very specific in thier denial if something blows. I will see him tomorrow when I drop it off for the vibration at 55-58mph.
I understand if you have a "by the book" manager, not much you can do... Good Luck

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
We're a warehouse distributor for Volant and of course a board sponsor. I'll be more than willing to put something together for you guys!

I think this will be the next mod for my C :)

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
I'm in the shop taking care of some end of week work. I don't show Volant part # 16857151 but 16857 is for the Hemi trucks. They might have added the last 4 digits for the 300C/Magnum. I will confirm this tomorrow. If pricing is the same for each our regular retail is $279.99. I'll post my findings on the board tomorrow and will have one coming this way for an install.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tybrne, look on the Volant home page and click the Dodge Magnum link(Featured products), on the bottom of that page is the Chrysler 300C link and part number 16857151. I look forward to a group buy from you!

Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi,Tbyrne
Please confirm the part # for 300C for the order and count me in for any group buy,but you have to know I live in KUWAIT which is overseas for shipping.
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess I got lucky with my local dealer. I asked them if a K&N Typhoon Intake would void my warranty and they said "No, it won't"....the only thing they told me is that they would not warranty the K&N Intake itself, but having it on there would not void the rest of my warranty.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Hoosier_300C said:
I guess I got lucky with my local dealer. I asked them if a K&N Typhoon Intake would void my warranty and they said "No, it won't"....the only thing they told me is that they would not warranty the K&N Intake itself, but having it on there would not void the rest of my warranty.
Not so fast, let's hope there is never a problem but voiding the warranty won't be up to the local yocal, you know DC has policies and procedures in place and with all due respect to "Corky" at your dealership, I would not bet a $4K tranny on his word. If it's that simple, I'll have mine shipped to your dealer for $4-500 and get my free tranny. We know this intake won't blow the tranny, they will just use that to deny the claim.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts