Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've compiled a list of the necessary files for the US map updates, but I don't have any information from the other map regions.

I'd like to be able to provide an exact listing of the files for the EU, Australia, Middle East, South America, etc., vehicles.

The nuvi updates contain some large files that are not needed in the US region, and it would be nice to know which files can be safely omitted from the other regions if they're in the same boat.

These maps are starting to get pretty big, so being able to cull out the unnecessary fluff may allow everyone to get a few more years worth of updates...

I would like to have the information from both Garmin systems from each region, the CTP11/12 system from the 2011-2012 vehicles, and the CTP2013 system in the 2013+ models.

This should only take a few minutes of your time, and nothing will be modified in the radio.

The information needs to come from virgin radios that have never had a map update.

Here is what I need from the radios. I'll split it the procedures for CTP11/12 and CTP2013:

To identify CTP11/12 vs CTP2013

Go to the main "Where To?" screen:
CTP11/12 - "Where To?" icon is a magnifying glass.
CTP2013 - "Where To?" icon is an arrow.

CTP2013

1. Navigate to "Settings -> System -> About".
  2. Tap and hold the hidden button in the lower right corner of the Nav screen, just above the bottom-right Uconnect icon for about 10 seconds to enter the "Developer Menu"
  3. Scroll down and tap the "File Manager" button.
  4. Browse to "Disk 0:\Garmin\ASR.
  5. Record the file name of the "********.SRX" file.
  6. Tap the "********.SRX" file and record the file size.
  7. Go back to "Disk 0:\Garmin\ASR".
  8. Record the file name of each of the "********.ASR" files.
  9. Tap each of the "********.ASR" files and record the file size.
  10. Browse to "Disk 0:\Garmin\JCV".
  11. Record the file name of the "*********.JCV" file.
  12. Tap the "*********.JCV" file and record the file size.
  13. Browse to "Disk 0:\Garmin\SID".
  14. Record the file name of each of the "*********.SID" files.
  15. Tap each of the "*********.SID" files and record the file size.
  16. While in the window that displays the SID file size, tap the three-horizontal-bar icon in the upper right corner and select action "Open with Text Viewer".
  17. Somewhere in the top of the file, there will be some type of identifying string, like "PointAddressing" or similar. Please record this string.
  18. Go back to the "Developer Menu", and scroll to "Test Mode".
  19. *Different in some radios depending on Garmin software version
    • Older versions:
    • Tap the "Next" button until you see a button that is labeled "More"
    • Tap the "More" button and record the ****.** map version that is installed.
    • Exit Test Mode when finished. Garmin module will reboot in a couple of seconds.
    • If you get into the video test mode and start cycling through the color screens, tap the upper-right corner to exit.
    • Newer versions:
    • Tap the "Next" button until you see the list of files installed
    • Record the ****.** map version that is installed.
    • Exit Test Mode when finished. Garmin module will reboot in a couple of seconds.
    • If you get into the video test mode and start cycling through the color screens, tap the upper-right corner to exit.

CTP11/12
  1. Tap the speed indicator in the bottom-right corner of the Map screen.
  2. Tap and hold the hidden button in the center of the big circle for about 10 seconds to enter the "Developer Menu"
  3. Scroll down and tap the "File Manager" button.
  4. Browse to "Disk 0:\Garmin\ASR.
  5. Record the file name of the "********.SRX" file.
  6. Tap the "********.SRX" file and record the file size.
  7. Go back to "Disk 0:\Garmin\ASR".
  8. Record the file name of each of the "********.ASR" files.
  9. Tap each of the "********.ASR" files and record the file size.
  10. Browse to "Disk 0:\Garmin\JCV".
  11. Record the file name of the "*********.JCV" file.
  12. Tap the "*********.JCV" file and record the file size.
  13. Go back to the "Developer Menu", and scroll to "Test Mode".
  14. Tap the "Next" button until you see a button that is labeled "More"
  15. Tap the "More" button and record the ****.** map version that is installed.
  16. Exit Test Mode when finished. Garmin module will reboot in a couple of seconds.
  17. If you get into the video test mode and start cycling through the color screens, tap the upper-right corner to exit.

Please PM me with the results. I'll update the following list as the results come in.

Still need:

Australia CTP2013

EU CTP11/12
EU CTP2013

South America CTP11/12
South America CTP2013

Middle East CTP11/12
Middle East CTP2013

Completed:

US CTP11/12
US CTP2013

Australia CTP11/12

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Map update file list for 2015.10 maps. Do not include any files not on this list into the map update disk, unless you know it should be.

To identify CTP11/12 vs CTP2013

Go to the main "Where To?" screen:
CTP11/12 - "Where To?" icon is a magnifying glass.
CTP2013 - "Where To?" icon is an arrow.

US CTP11/12 (FID 3326)
(disk):\Garmin
| gmapprom.img​
| gmaptz.img​
+ ASR​
| 04CNCW74.srx​
| 04CNCW75.asr​
| 04CNCW76.asr​
| 04CNCW77.asr​
+ JCV​
| D3060140A.jcv​

US CTP2013
| gmapprom.img​
| gmaptz.img​
| gmap3d.img​
+ ASR​
| 04CNCW74.srx​
| 04CNCW75.asr​
| 04CNCW76.asr​
| 04CNCW77.asr​
+ JCV​
| D3191130A.jcv​
+ SID​
| D2656150A.sid​
| D3406120A.sid​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Australia/New Zealand CTP11/12 (FID 3342)
| gmapprom.img​
+ ASR​
*These files are not present on OEM installs. Adding them may provide Voice Command. Need feedback.
| 04CMU5TS.SRX​
| 04CMU5TT.ASR​
| 04CMU5TU.ASR​
+ JCV​
| D2563140A.jcv​

Australia/New Zealand CTP13
| gmapprom.img​
| gmap3d.img​
+ ASR​
*These files are not present on OEM installs. Adding them may provide Voice Command. Need feedback.
| 04CMU5TS.SRX​
| 04CMU5TT.ASR​
| 04CMU5TU.ASR​
+ JCV​
| D3531110A.jcv​
+ SID​
| D3489100A.sid​

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sorry mate,

I have just come back in from Garage to celebrate finally updating to the 2015.10 maps.
Sh-t tanbam now I feel bad I cant contribute after all you've done for me.
Buggar.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry mate,

I have just come back in from Garage to celebrate finally updating to the 2015.10 maps.
Sh-t tanbam now I feel bad I cant contribute after all you've done for me.
Buggar.
No worries. I didn't realize how...small...the Australia/NZ maps were. You guys probably won't have to worry about running out of room for a pretty long time!

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Sorry has anybody had success installing 2015.10?

Yes. I know of myself and a few others.

Tanbam, I'm running 2015.10 in my CTP12, when I downloaded the ASR files it also had...
04CMU5MO.SRX
04CMU5MP.ASR
which I note you don't include on your list of files. Do you know what they are for? I don't know if Daryl included them in his installation for trying to get the VR working.

Also, will I not need a .sid file with the CTP12?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
You don't want the below files.
04CMU5MO.SRX
04CMU5MP.ASR

but for the sid file, I don't think being the 12 makes any difference in that regard, you will still need it, but happy to be corrected.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. I know of myself and a few others.

Tanbam, I'm running 2015.10 in my CTP12, when I downloaded the ASR files it also had...
04CMU5MO.SRX
04CMU5MP.ASR
which I note you don't include on your list of files. Do you know what they are for? I don't know if Daryl included them in his installation for trying to get the VR working.

Also, will I not need a .sid file with the CTP12?
You will not need the .sid file in a CTP12.

The .sid file in my list is only used for TrafficTrends, which isn't supported until CTP2013.

I believe the ASR files you list here are for an older map version, based solely on their file names.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah well, if only I could get one. I don't even know the filename to google it. Oh wait, yeah I do. lol.

Got it.

What does the .db file do?
As far as what it does for a CTP12, the answer is nothing!

For a nuvi, I think it has something to do with MyTrends, but I'm not entirely sure. I do not think it's required for any feature in our cars.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Ok, thanks, I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow and I'll grab all those file sizes you want for a CTP12 with the 2015.10.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts