Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed a Vortech supercharger on a 300C SRT is there any pics or vidio anywhere????

i was looking at the install pics from a charger and it looks like on the 300 SRT there is no room for the air filter to fit unless you move the head light forward

·
Registered
931 Posts
mine is booked in for install on thursday. i will take lots of pics as soon as i get it back next monday. as well, as before and after dyno figures.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
The first one to hit the track also saw and 11.78 @ 123mph with a 2.70 60'.

8 pound intercooled.

Low 11's are EASY with this setup.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine is booked in for install on thursday. i will take lots of pics as soon as i get it back next monday. as well, as before and after dyno figures.
very cool i have my alarm set to monday:cool: .. im sure you are going to like it ALOT:fing02: cant wait to see what you think..and pics lots of pics and video :fing02:

my only advice to anyone is Air/fuel gauge.. you M U S T install one you will feel confident going WOT knowing you are in safe A/F..

i like the innovativ motorsport XD16 its very easy to install its thin so you can use a stick-on tape

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

8 pound intercooled.

yes man thats my first choice i have loved that blower the first time i saw it but the info is very hard to find..also there is very little info or how much or what comes with it??

1- is it a complete bolt-on package with caned tune
2- is it boost a pump or intank High volume fuel pump
3- any pics of the heat exchanger
4- dose it come with a install manual
5- whats the total price of the kit
6- whats included in the package
7- is there a step by step pics of one getting installed on the net

sorry for all the questions :smashfrea :fing02:

·
Registered
903 Posts

8 pound intercooled.

So with traction and a 1.9x 60' time you could almost be in the 9s with that set up...

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
yes man thats my first choice i have loved that blower the first time i saw it but the info is very hard to find..also there is very little info or how much or what comes with it??

1- is it a complete bolt-on package with caned tune - YES
2- is it boost a pump or intank High volume fuel pump - Boosta Pump
3- any pics of the heat exchanger - Will work on this for you
4- dose it come with a install manual - Good question will find out although it is extremly easy to fit I promise you that
5- whats the total price of the kit - Varies depending on what you want. Different stages, will get this info for you ASAP
6- whats included in the package - Depends on which kit you want - See above
7- is there a step by step pics of one getting installed on the net - Yes mine, I will find the thread
sorry for all the questions :smashfrea :fing02:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
So with traction and a 1.9x 60' time you could almost be in the 9s with that set up...

Would be nice thats for sure, but no not likely.

Gillian of RDP has been arranging to get all the details from the owner this afternoon (time slip and trying to find video as well - Apparently there is one of the 11.78 run).

The owner definitely has the details and should have it shortly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jected thanks for the info im sure its very easy to install i have similar one on my pickup.. i love how the SRT will feel and sound like stock when you stay out of boost and as soon as you push the throttle it all comes alive :biggrin:

about question #4 what i meant was the other stuff like the boost a pump wiring and water pump wiring all the vacuum lines and sensors, i see the water hoses and reservoir in this pic but dose it come with connectors and instructions on which wires to tap.

thanks

Adel.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
I see nobody has answered the OP's original question yet.

i just got my vortech kitted SRT back yestrerday. and the shop actually had a problem with the fitment of the air filter. this is due to the factory HID's. they called vortech, and vortech sounded like they werent aware of this issue. they thought my car must have aftermarket lights.

vortech was informed that they were factory lights. as far as i know, the SRT8 300. is the only LX that comes with HID's. which would explain the short sight on vortechs part.

vortech doesnt have a fix for this yet. so they just said to squish the filter a bit, and get it in there.

the shop was able to get the filter to fit, by pulling the wiring harness there up a bit. but they figure that might be hurting the power a bit. but vortech will send me the parts, once a fix is created i am told.

my numbers were 360hp before. and 460hp after. the dyno operator was impressed, because he says his dyno usually reads 15% lower than other dynos people have run on.

but 460whp seems about right to me. with a 15% drivetrain loss, that puts me at 530bhp. vortech claims 540bhp. so its not too far off. im not sure if the dyno had a built in correction?? i didnt really have a chance to go over things. i picked my car up after a big trip, and i had to drive 6 hours to get home. so i didnt get to be as thorough as i usually am.

once im back on days off, i will do a full right up, with pics.

·
Registered
931 Posts
6 hours should have ben a fun time with the beast! Do tell...
well i drove back with my buddy. he has a SRT8 charger, with just a cat-back exhaust. we did a couple of highway runs from a roll. but none of them were very good. i had to play around with the predator a bit. to get the right shift mode loaded. but it seems like its behaving now. and it feels alot faster than when i first drove it. so i cant wait to get a good race from a stop, with my buddies charger. ill make sure i get it to the track asap as well. so i can get some numbers for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Someguys,HID's are not only in the SRT. I can't say what years but my "C" only has them('07 model) and there are a crap load like mine.Probably just and oversight

·
Registered
931 Posts
Someguys,HID's are not only in the SRT. I can't say what years but my "C" only has them('07 model) and there are a crap load like mine.Probably just and oversight

maybe it was only in 06, that the HID were a 300 SRT only thing. i know i read it somewhere.

in any sense, i hope vortech comes up with a fix for it soon.

if i actually applied myself. im sure i could come up with a ram air type solution from things you could buy in a hardware store.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
so getting some after market headlamps should fix the problem .. coz trust me if that the issue im buying any thing off ebay to solve this matter :)

Glad u liked that system on the charger .. now am very anxiuos to see how well vortech will respond to this issue , but was there anything else that botherd the installation u might have ran into ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
so getting some after market headlamps should fix the problem .. coz trust me if that the issue im buying any thing off ebay to solve this matter :)

Glad u liked that system on the charger .. now am very anxiuos to see how well vortech will respond to this issue , but was there anything else that botherd the installation u might have ran into ?

i was told the install went off, without a hitch. other than the air filter thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts