Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Do you think these rims look nice on a BB 300C?

• Yes........(Do Like)

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • No......(Don't Like)

Votes: 34 65.4%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
No, I think they distract to much from the body of the car. As you can see though, most people like it. Kinda like looking at a menu and not being able to make up your mind even though there is no right or wrong decision. :p

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yes, I like :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I agree with qtk, the eye is drawn to the wheel and away from the car, they are too heavy and thick. Black Hemi has a great wheel somewhere in a recent thread.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
I agree that they are a bit heavy looking, but I'm also not crazy about the relationship of the spoke to the lip.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I also think it is too heavy for the car. Although it is a fairly big car, the 300's lines are very sleek, the long lines from front to back, the low profile of the roof line, etc.,. To further complicate things the 300 also has very impressive bold looks, the combination with contemporary long sleek lines and these bold aspects are what attracted many of us to buy the car. Some other cars in history had similar combinations, 50's Mercury for example. The aesthetics need to match the entire car in order for it to look right, thats why I like the SRT-8 wheels, they compliment the look of the car as opposed to overwhelming it. I do like the look of the wheels but it would be matched with a heavier looking vehicle like a some trucks or SUVs.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Too big, too misproportioned...

reminds me alot of Hot Wheels cars...you know the older ones with the 'mag' wheels that were just too out of size with the rest of the car?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Right Stuff

IF you like them - buy'em.
Personally, I think they "take-over" - that is to say, when you look at the car, you end up looking at the wheels (=Dubs/Tonka Toy wheels). I like Black Hemi's 20s (or footybat's) which complement the car's overall design and fill the wheel well better.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
HEMEEE said:
I agree that they are a bit heavy looking, but I'm also not crazy about the relationship of the spoke to the lip.

I'm with Hemee on this one. They're just a touch too heavy-handed for me.

You need an option in your poll that says "Lukewarm" :p

....sT

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope you guys noticed that these are photoshoped....... The actual rim might be a little smaller. More like a 20". These loook more 22". It was the best I could do.

I appreciate everybodys opinion. I would still like to hear more... Keep the coments coming.

Thanks Fellas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts