Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high flow flowmaster super 40 Cat-back installed with no resonators. But I still think my car is to quiet when it's idling. I can't cut off my catalytic converters as I need them for emissions.. any suggestions?
I also have a diablo intune i2, have no clue if you can tweak settings in there to make it happen or not. I've read headers, but I've been reading that it doesn't make that much of a difference.... any other opinions

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Get some cutouts and install them behind the cats.

The Diablosport has no program to increase idle sound.

Good shorty headers will increase low end torque and add a bit deeper sound to the exhaust.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Good shorty headers will increase low end torque and add a bit deeper sound to the exhaust.

Thanks maddog I was just looking at cut outs. You know which ones I should get that aren't cheaply made

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Do you know if there will be room before the cats to install? If not i guess I would have to install after the cats... how much louder would it be after the cats?

I just ordered the cut outs now, my first option is before the cats for sure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you know if there will be room before the cats to install? If not i guess I would have to install after the cats... how much louder would it be after the cats?

I just ordered the cut outs now, my first option is before the cats for sure.
The beauty of shorty headers (From what I have seen, I could be wrong) is that they bolt up to an otherwise stock exhaust system. There should be no clearance issues with shorties at all and you can retain your cats.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey Maddog so when you said behind the cats do you mean like in between the cats and muffler? Or on the other side of the cats?

When I'm watching videos of cut outs everyone's talking about between the cats and mufflers, but a lot of people say it ruins the point of the cuts out being placed there. I know it's all based on your personal preference on what you like, but what do you think would sound more badass? I'm 18 and I like loud but not like a shitty loud from a beat up junk car that sounds like it's about to fall apart..

Sorry man just trying to get some knowledgeable clarification before I tell my mechanic where to put them and regret it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts