Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 06' 300 SRT8 and it has magnaflow exhaust. Looks like the two magnaflows are in the back by the tips. It sounds ok but I want it alittle louder without spending a butt load of money, what's the best way? Headers?

·
Administrator
13,088 Posts
X-pipe. It has a better flow than an H-pipe.

So what was the final decision on your exhaust system? Those rear mufflers may gave been resonators with the mufflers nearer to the engine under the floor pan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the guy I bought the car from changed the resonators out for Magnaflow mufflers so I'm going to delete the factory muffler in the middle of the car I believe. It doesn't sound bad just want alittle more sound

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes the guy I bought the car from changed the resonators out for Magnaflow mufflers so I'm going to delete the factory muffler in the middle of the car I believe. It doesn't sound bad just want alittle more sound

I an 06 300 srt8 also i have the middle muffler deleted and 2 small magnaflow resonators in the rear with 4 inch tips sounds very good nice crusing tone...but when i get on it has a mean roar... might want to look into that...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Like too loud when you get on it?

No not at all classy sounding You can hear it but not obnoxious... let me see if i can post a sound clip.

Here is one at track wide open...

Reactions: Queenboss

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just cut out my mufflers and resos. Cat back is just straight pipe, sounds like a beast but not annoying. Turns heads all the time, every person guy and girl asks what I did...

Due to the size of the engine it has a nice rumble by itself without being annoyingly screechy or too loud... I'm telling you, forgo the exhaust expenses, just chop that junk off. I did Magnaflows before I complete removed all exhaust with the CAT remaining... the Magnaflow sounded beautiful but just too quiet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Must admit when I was younger, the first thing I did on my GTO was get cut offs, and put Thrush Mufflers on my car. Cost a lot of money back then. The head turning was amazing (probably just thinking I was an idiot...and I was) The young lad down the road just got a Challenger. First thing he did was get new mufflers (if they can be called mufflers) and his neighbor's think he is an idiot (wakes them early in the morning) Driving down the Interstate recently and passed some little "rollerskate" S8hitbox, whose muffler system was probably worth more than the entire car. The drone was so loud it actually vibrated my floor boards. I thought '"What an idiot". Fortunately, the "Hey look at me, I am special", phase eventually passes into adulthood, and you will remember this post and look back, and agree. Call me whatever you want, but PLEASE have the decency not to floor your cars in residential neighborhoods. Have some respect for other people. Take them to the track, if you have the nerve, and make all the noise you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have high flow cats to x pipe to straight piped just before the rear diff. Sounds amazing and neighbors hate me, but last time i checked they dont pay my bills.

Reactions: LowRansom

·
Registered
53 Posts
In all honesty... took my Magnaflow muffs off. Now it is straight pipe from Cat-Back.
Everyone asks what exhaust I have etc... everyone's head turns on the interstate and through town.
Not ear piercing either unless you floor it... then it screams like a Banshee!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Must admit when I was younger, the first thing I did on my GTO was get cut offs, and put Thrush Mufflers on my car. Cost a lot of money back then. The head turning was amazing (probably just thinking I was an idiot...and I was) The young lad down the road just got a Challenger. First thing he did was get new mufflers (if they can be called mufflers) and his neighbor's think he is an idiot (wakes them early in the morning) Driving down the Interstate recently and passed some little "rollerskate" S8hitbox, whose muffler system was probably worth more than the entire car. The drone was so loud it actually vibrated my floor boards. I thought '"What an idiot". Fortunately, the "Hey look at me, I am special", phase eventually passes into adulthood, and you will remember this post and look back, and agree. Call me whatever you want, but PLEASE have the decency not to floor your cars in residential neighborhoods. Have some respect for other people. Take them to the track, if you have the nerve, and make all the noise you want.
😂😂😂 Reading this post... exactly how I feel now. As I’ve gotten older I’ve begun to resent the sound of loud exhaust because I hear it all the time in the middle of the night in my neighborhood. I’ve started considering it karma from when I was there age.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also have magnflow cat-back, my mid magnaflow muffler was a straight through and it had leaks on the casing so i had it replaced with the same size magnaflow muffler but it had a built in X pipe this time and it was a little quieter than before obviously. I would say cut out the rear 2 mufflers by the tips and get a X pipe mid muffler, this way there is even more flow and you get some back pressure which you need if you want good acceleration.

My current setup when i floor it, it sounds awesome, its loud but not obnoxiously loud. Just the right amount. But i want a little more loudness now lol, so there is this company in the Middle East that make custom electric valved mufflers and they are straight through ones, so i might get those and the cops here don’t like loud exhausts lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 06' 300 SRT8 and it has magnaflow exhaust. Looks like the two magnaflows are in the back by the tips. It sounds ok but I want it alittle louder without spending a butt load of money, what's the best way? Headers?
Are the two suitcases out?? Big exhaust approx a foot wide and cane stock?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts