Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys well it is finally my time, and maybe with some of your help I may just be able to find my car.

I have paid for the wedding, had the honeymoon, sold my R100 (Mazda Rotary), found someone to respray my Dodge (fingers crossed), now it is time for me to purchase my 300C SRT8.

I have been scouring the classfieds printed and internet, this is my best find to date.

It finally looks like the price on the 300C SRT8's is starting to come down.

I have decided the SRT8 is the way to go for me because, I love the seats, I would always want the Brembos, the additional 400cc's and the extra grunt. And wife instructions state that I have to have this car for the next 7 years.

Im being picky but the only thing thats holding me back from this one is, I really want silver or mineral grey. That one is steel blue.

So guys if you see one advertised privately, in a dealership, next door to you, in a wholesalers shed, and its under $62000, let me know.

Like my name says I work for Qantas, so anywhere in Australia is just fine.

Thanks

Qantasman

View Details2007 CHRYSLER 300C SRT-8 MY2007

Dealer Used - Hallam VIC Body: Sedan Fuel: Premium Unleaded
  • Semi-Auto
  • 6.1L / 8 Cyl
  • 13,263 km

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thats a nice one, i like the mineral grey color and steel blue is nice as well...... all the best and ill keep my eyes open if i find one for you....

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Mine is steel blue, and I think it's a great colour because it's not as "Common" (LOL) as the Silver or Black. Looks sensational.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Well good luck with your quest. I am sure you are surfing CarSales, Carpoint, etc.. I am sure one will surface.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Good luck and dont settle cause you cant wait another week or month, you will regret it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
well colour is a very personal thing
my car is steel blue and naturally i am biased
have you actually seen a steel blue 300C??
because the name of the colour - steel blue - is very misleading
depending on the light, this colour can look shades of black to grey to metallic blue. The more i look at it the less blue i actually see.
i also own a black car and much prefer the steel blue
but hey each to his or her own...............
cheers
johnd

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Not common....popular
Heh - true.

and as Johndiesel said, it's not really blue at all, more dark grey, charcoal colour.

·
Registered
554 Posts
well colour is a very personal thing
my car is steel blue and naturally i am biased
have you actually seen a steel blue 300C??
because the name of the colour - steel blue - is very misleading
depending on the light, this colour can look shades of black to grey to metallic blue. The more i look at it the less blue i actually see.
i also own a black car and much prefer the steel blue
but hey each to his or her own...............
cheers
johnd
I agree 100%. I chose mine as there were too many blacks and silvers...a bit of a punt given I chose it without seeing one in a dealership, but worked out very well.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I chose mine without seeing it in the dealership as well. I wish we got some of the colours America gets, I love the champagne, the brilliant red, lots of cool colours over there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your help guys, I saw my first 300c in Hawaii in 2004, knew then one day I had to have one.

Drove my first 300C in Melbourne in 2005 the first week they were released at Chrylser Dealership in Bundoora, and now after wheeling and dealing and saving its time to buy one.

I will be rebuilding my Dodge pickup, which is Blue, hence the reason I didnt jump on the steele blue one, my motor bike is black and thats hard enough to keep clean. So it has to be silver or mineral grey for me.

I have been so patient for so long a few more months wont hurt.
Im hoping that after the Melbourne Motor Show this week there may very well be a few popping up on the market, after some people see some of the new 2008 models that are to be released, also towards the end of tax time often people trade in then.

Its now just a waiting game.

I will let you all know how I go.

Cheers

Qantasman

P.S If anyone ever comes accross a wrecked 300c with a Hemi in it, wouldn't mind putting the Hemi in my Dodge pickup!!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Good decision, i almost settled but couldnt do it, sure it was cheaper cause they were trying to get rid of it but was a crap colour i didnt want so i waited and couldnt be happier :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Seeing how relatively well the 300C has been selling, I'm surprised they haven't brought in more colours, particularly for the SRT8.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hope this is no one from our forum, but it will be interesting to see how much it goes for as a repairable write off.

Found this in my never ending search for my SRT8

Qantasman

NO C/P, Chrysler, 300c, Sedan
Odometer Not Visible, Rego.No.:57HEM, (Stock No 7723913), Repairable Writeoff, GST Included in Sale Price
View Auction Details

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hope this is no one from our forum, but it will be interesting to see how much it goes for as a repairable write off.

Found this in my never ending search for my SRT8

Qantasman

NO C/P, Chrysler, 300c, Sedan
Odometer Not Visible, Rego.No.:57HEM, (Stock No 7723913), Repairable Writeoff, GST Included in Sale Price
View Auction Details
Don't do this, parts here is Australia are to expensive. Insurance companys wright cars off for a reason, And it will always have a repairable writeoff on the VIN NO.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
If it's a repairable write off, nothing is recorded on the VIN, only if it's s structural write off is anything recorded.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If it's a repairable write off, nothing is recorded on the VIN, only if it's s structural write off is anything recorded.

Here in Victoria all cars that have been writen off by insurance companys that are 15 years young are registed with vic roads as a total loss and stays on the record as a repaiered total loss for ever.(if repaired) New buyers can check this with the VIN NO. at vic roads, so they know what they are buying.

A structural write off may ever see the road again, even if it is repaired. They are to dangerous to repair. once again on the vic road records for ever.

Anything older than 15 years there is no record kepted.

I hope this clears thinks up. I have repaired total losses for many customers and it not something I would jump into doing. Too much crap to go through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts