Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wanting to buy a supercharged srt8 it must be a pd blower (top mount)and also must be a sedan colour or year not that important as long as immaculate condition with lowish kays
call me if you have one for sale 0416128041

·
Registered
612 Posts
Wondering why you are looking for a top mount ? I am guessing you think its a "REAL" blower... I know of a guy selling a very nice centri supercharged srt8..

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Wondering why you are looking for a top mount ? I am guessing you think its a "REAL" blower... I know of a guy selling a very nice centri supercharged srt8..

^ which a centrifugal is actually a little more efficient and less prone to heatsoak than its roots style counterpart and can still make big numbers!... I think any 'whine' under the hood is a good one!

OP sounds like you should look into that car... Centrifugals are fun!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand but like I said I like the look of oem look of the valley mount but I would look at the centrifugal srt8 if it's making all the right noises and producing the numbers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry bozo4 I tried to reply to you but I don't think it went through I'm not against centrifugal type blowers I personally like the more factory standard look of the pd blowers but in saying that I would be interested looking at the guys srt8 if you have more info or could put me in touch with the guy selling it I would appreciate it.
Thank you for the reply mate

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hey not sure if this the kind of thing your looking for but it did win top Modern Muscle at last years Chrysler on the Murry this year..Probably get some movement on price 2.2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8 MY2006 Sports Automatic Don't worry about the blower thing.. lol.. I get it a lot.. Lift the hood and a person goes "Oh.. You spent all that money and didn't put a real supercharger on?" Normally that same guy is shitting himself 10min later grabbing onto anything he can.... lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think I know the car isn't it in Melbourne or south australia it's the bagged silver one hey

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I understand but like I said I like the look of oem look of the valley mount but I would look at the centrifugal srt8 if it's making all the right noises and producing the numbers
The side winders are smoother throughout the rev range and much nicer to drive around town etc. How ever Eldebrock make a great top mount that looks OME if that is what your after . I would not expect too many of them around second hand as yet. II would be going for a side winder and most of the world records have been made with the side winders rather than top mounts.:slap: Bozo4 has a side winder that makes heap of power and yes I understand he has stroked the engine as well. A lot of others here in Australia have the side winders and are more than happy with the numbers they make and without heat soak issues of the top mounts.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah to be honest whether it's top mount or side mount is not really a priority anymore trying to find a good blown srt8 is bloody hard to find there is only 1 in Melbourne that is for sale ATM but I would be subject to a viiu report and getting that past with bags and a blower would be a headache I've been there before,I'm starting to think I'm probably gonna have to build one myself.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah to be honest whether it's top mount or side mount is not really a priority anymore trying to find a good blown srt8 is bloody hard to find there is only 1 in Melbourne that is for sale ATM but I would be subject to a viiu report and getting that past with bags and a blower would be a headache I've been there before,I'm starting to think I'm probably gonna have to build one myself.
VIIU report? Ew.

America.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry boys ive been offline for a week or so damn Telstra yeah bozo ive seen it and mate its sick, but the only thing is its in vic and im in nsw
ive been in talks with a mate of mine who can hook me up with a blueslip and an engineers report and he assures me he can get it registered and transferred in nsw.
Mate im seriously considering it but I just don't wanna fly down there and its not what I expect or what im told it is condition wise as ive had this in the past where guys would say its immaculate and you get there and its rough as guts.I'm gonna ask him to send me some more photos and most likely i'll go see it as it exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the look out bozo4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any updates bud?
yeah not as yet mate I thought about that black one in vic but the e-force blowers i've been told after speaking to a few people is that they really don't
produce good numbers and are pretty quite (I like the sound of the whine)
I know guys with other valley mount blowers with the same mods pushing way over 400rwkw.At this stage i'm thinking of just buying a nice low kay srt8 and putting a procharger on it,at least I know what im getting.

I just wish there were more options as in cars for sale especially here in Sydney,supercharged and turbo commys are everywhere and there's no way I can go back to a holden after owning a 300c and I guess anyone whos got a nice supercharged srt8 doesn't wanna sell it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts