1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING
=======

Public Service Announcement:

'Some' 300 folks interest in said vehicle (and this forum!) 'may' trend toward the 'obsessive'.

To get help, the 1st step is to acknowledge the problem. The following may help - do you recognize yourself in any of the following?:

SYMPTOMS
========

- instead of looking for a free download of the latest secret Paris Hilton video, you are trying to find the rumored secret video a plant worker shot of the SRT8 being assembled

- you find yourself actually reading a long forum thread about washing your car

- you think BMW is a four letter word

- your significant other is:

1. convinced you have an internet affair due to your late night forum browsing -OR-

2. thankful that between your car & forum you have no time/interest to be unfaithful

- men: when overhearing guys talking about "sexy curves" you assume they're talking about your car

- women: when overhearing women talking about "finding the man of your dreams" you assume they're talking about the "perfect service manager"

- when people talk about their favorite CD, you think of your Service Manual CD

- in desperation your family had to join this forum so they could communicate to you via PM

- you can't figure out how Uri Geller could have had ESP way back in the 70's

- when the president talks about "enemy combatants" you assume he's talking about GTO drivers

- during Green Horner re-runs you annoy everyone by ALWAYS pointing out similarities between Black Beauty and the 300

- instead of reading Da Vinci Code in the living room, you're sitting in the garage reading the owners manual

- the main reason friends & family love your car is your willingness to perform every single errand they request (as long as it involves driving)

- after ordering your new 300, you think you have self-restraint, since you waited until you got home before calling for a status update (didn't use your car phone on your way home!)

- you feel sorry for people wearing fake Rolexes (but you love it when people think you drive a Bentley)

- you spent more time researching grilles than what university to send your kids to

- you can name every rapper that has a 300C (but not a single song they've recorded)

- instead of doing your taxes, you waste your time doing this list ;)

TEST
====

- you can measure the degree of your problem by taking this test:

1. can you name more than 10 forum members? (you can be helped)

2.can you do #1. AND list their car model & color? (there may still be a chance to help you)

3. can you do #2. AND list all their mods (too late - beyond help!)

HELP
====

a friend is useful to help you recover BUT first show the friend a picture of your car:

- if they drool all over it, find someone else!

- if they say "is that the new lincoln?", they can help you!

·
Registered
750 Posts
12 step program?

Future 300 addicts anonymous meeting:

My name is Zilla and ............

·
Registered
59 Posts
OMG That was one the funniest things I have ever read! I fell over in my chair laughing....Soooooo true.... Oh, by the way...for mods I have 22" rims and 2" drop and .....J/k good stuff raka

·
Registered
290 Posts
My name is Angi and I'm An Addict

Zilla, that was good, I laughed thanks! :)

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
ROFLMAO raka, I definitely need a referral!
Joey, I do that too.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post, My therapist told me not to post

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cleaver comments

That was very funny!!! And here I thought there hasn't been any good posts lately....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Every night my wife asks me "are you on that car thingy again?" I say yes and this is my nightly therapy.
True story. Valentines Day eve after we got back from dinner, she dressed up in lingerie and HID my laptop. She said that's the only way to get my attention.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, I'm Tim and I am an addict

Wow, I had 90% of those symtoms.

Kills me to think that I probably spent at least 24 hours of my life researching grilles.

And I find any excuse for taking a ride, "hey, any one need anything from the store?" I'll leave and ride around for hours with no destination.

At first it was all the people who would point and stare at me that would feed the fire, but now it's the Hemi, good music and enjoying the look of brother C's driving around when I catcha glimpse of the elusive character

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
myrtle300c said:
Hi, I'm Tim and I am an addict

Wow, I had 90% of those symtoms.

Kills me to think that I probably spent at least 24 hours of my life researching grilles.
Hi Tim. I fail to see what's so odd about that. I've spent a lot more than 24 hours on the net looking at pics of gir . . uh, did you say grilles?

Hi Tim, My name is Patrick and I am an addict . . .

·
Registered
121 Posts
"you can name every rapper that has a 300C (but not a single song they've recorded)"

Too funny, this has been the funniest post I have read in a long time on here! Thanks for the laugh :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
That Was Sooooo Funny. You Have Waaaaay Too Much Time On Your Hands. I Laughed So Hard That Others From Down The Hall Came To See What Was So Funny. But,of Course, They Just Wouldn't Understand. Thanks For The Laugh...............

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
WARNING
=======

Public Service Announcement:

'Some' 300 folks interest in said vehicle (and this forum!) 'may' trend toward the 'obsessive'.

To get help, the 1st step is to acknowledge the problem. The following may help - do you recognize yourself in any of the following?:

SYMPTOMS
========

- instead of looking for a free download of the latest secret Paris Hilton video, you are trying to find the rumored secret video a plant worker shot of the SRT8 being assembled

- you find yourself actually reading a long forum thread about washing your car

- you think BMW is a four letter word

- your significant other is:

1. convinced you have an internet affair due to your late night forum browsing -OR-

2. thankful that between your car & forum you have no time/interest to be unfaithful

- men: when overhearing guys talking about "sexy curves" you assume they're talking about your car

- women: when overhearing women talking about "finding the man of your dreams" you assume they're talking about the "perfect service manager"

- when people talk about their favorite CD, you think of your Service Manual CD

- in desperation your family had to join this forum so they could communicate to you via PM

- you can't figure out how Uri Geller could have had ESP way back in the 70's

- when the president talks about "enemy combatants" you assume he's talking about GTO drivers

- during Green Horner re-runs you annoy everyone by ALWAYS pointing out similarities between Black Beauty and the 300

- instead of reading Da Vinci Code in the living room, you're sitting in the garage reading the owners manual

- the main reason friends & family love your car is your willingness to perform every single errand they request (as long as it involves driving)

- after ordering your new 300, you think you have self-restraint, since you waited until you got home before calling for a status update (didn't use your car phone on your way home!)

- you feel sorry for people wearing fake Rolexes (but you love it when people think you drive a Bentley)

- you spent more time researching grilles than what university to send your kids to

- you can name every rapper that has a 300C (but not a single song they've recorded)

- instead of doing your taxes, you waste your time doing this list ;)

TEST
====

- you can measure the degree of your problem by taking this test:

1. can you name more than 10 forum members? (you can be helped)

2.can you do #1. AND list their car model & color? (there may still be a chance to help you)

3. can you do #2. AND list all their mods (too late - beyond help!)

HELP
====

a friend is useful to help you recover BUT first show the friend a picture of your car:

- if they drool all over it, find someone else!

- if they say "is that the new lincoln?", they can help you!
Help!!! I need help. I failed the test, or I passed the test, whichever is worse...haha.

Bernie

·
Banned
220 Posts
i might be the most addicted of them all. Im at the point where i commit crimes in order to get more 300cforums. On labor day weekend i got super high off 300cforums and i woke up in an empty parking lot in a stolen 300 not knowing how i got there.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Jeez Bernie!! What's up with all of the rehashing of the old treads? It looks like you need to take a break from the forum because it is running out of new material for you. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Jeez Bernie!! What's up with all of the rehashing of the old treads? It looks like you need to take a break from the forum because it is running out of new material for you. :biggrin:
Some things are better the second time around...haha. What I find really funny is how current a lot of this stuff still is based on the replies. Hey, I'm just doing my own thing these days.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Damn I just lost my train of thought responding as my wife just pm'd me to bring home some milk tonight!
regards Michaelr

1 - 20 of 21 Posts