Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from the dealer. 9500 miles. Anyone else having issues with the brake rotors warping? When I apply the brakes at highway speed, my steering wheel shook back and forth. Took it in for service, and now steering wheel doesn't rattle, but I still think I can feel it in the brake pedal.

Anyone else?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
johnnydinla said:
I just got my car back from the dealer. 9500 miles. Anyone else having issues with the brake rotors warping? When I apply the brakes at highway speed, my steering wheel shook back and forth. Took it in for service, and now steering wheel doesn't rattle, but I still think I can feel it in the brake pedal.

Anyone else?
Warped rotors are way too common on almost all makes and models of cars today. Having said that, if yours are warped - you are the first one with a 300 that has reported this problem. And 9500 miles -way too soon!

Something doesn't sound right, here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you can feel your brake pedal pulsing when you exit off a freeway on to the ramp, then your rotors are warped.

So what did the dealer do? Is it possible that they didn't replace all your rotors, if that is what they said they'd do?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Did they replace the rotors or just turn them?

Were the rotors a bluish colour before you took it in?

Zilla

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the 300C. The rotors are under warranty. I thought they may replace them, but I think they just cut them. Like I said, the steering wheel no longer rattles when braking at hiway speeds, but I still think I can feel it in the pedal.

9500 miles is too soon I think myself, however, I do drive this car hard. I can't help it, it begs me to get on it! ;)

I picked up the car late, so I didn't get an official response about anything. My front tires were worn real bad from the front end issues. I was told that they realigned and rotated the tires. No warranty on tires, even though there was no charge on the alignment.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
johnnydinla said:
I have the 300C. The rotors are under warranty. I thought they may replace them, but I think they just cut them. Like I said, the steering wheel no longer rattles when braking at hiway speeds, but I still think I can feel it in the pedal.

9500 miles is too soon I think myself, however, I do drive this car hard. I can't help it, it begs me to get on it! ;)

I picked up the car late, so I didn't get an official response about anything. My front tires were worn real bad from the front end issues. I was told that they realigned and rotated the tires. No warranty on tires, even though there was no charge on the alignment.
With ABS, it's sometimes hard to tell warping from ABS pulsing. Might not be a bad idea to take it back and see if you can talk to the brake technician. he or she will probably answer all your questions.

I have a question. Did they replace any pads?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Seems that the quality of Brake Rotors has slipped every where. Here in OZ our two highest selling cars both suffer the problem with warped rotors and a recent the Service Bulletin states to replace - DO NOT MACHINE. Expensive exercise.

I got 70,000Klm (43,750 miles) and the brakes had a bit of shudder. The dealer machined them and they only lasted about another 5,000Klm before they were even worse. New discs now fitted (GM Product :( )

·
Registered
381 Posts
johnnydinla said:

What do you mean the tires are not covered under warranty? If mine wear out in 9500 miles as a result of deficiencies in the front end geometry, you can bet your sweet ass, I will get some new rubber.

Don't accept anything less.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
jeepgrady said:
What do you mean the tires are not covered under warranty? If mine wear out in 9500 miles as a result of deficiencies in the front end geometry, you can bet your sweet ass, I will get some new rubber.

Don't accept anything less.
AMEN...AMEN !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts