Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thanks for any advice you may offer. I have an 06 300c. Love it . I have added a predator tune, flowmasters, and a Mopar CAI. I absolutely love it now and even though my gas bill has gone up I figure WTH. Any how ever since I flashed it I have been worried that my warranty may not be valid. I have the wrap around also. My origional plan was to just flash the stock tune back on if I have to take her in. Question is will they know? Have I already voided my warranty? I love the handling and all but I couldnt afford to pay out of pocket if something went wrong. Should I put it all back for now? I am always worried about this.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Just flash it back to the stock tune before you take it in. Many of us have done this with no problem on the 1st gen (2005-10). Since you have an '06 you're in the clear…. I've *heard* the dealer can see if the the 2nd gens computer has been flashed and can void your warranty, but don't know for sure

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
So, an '06 w/ warranty still on it? Extended? We're talking an eight-year old vehicle--mileage low? Either way, if you establish rapport w/ your dealer (or maybe find one that fully supports modding and all), I'm sure you'll be okay. More advice should start pouring in from other SMEs on the board, I'm sure! Otherwise, congrats and ENJOY!!!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I get free oil changes for life from my dealer, which is a good deal using Mobil 1,. Just me but even then I'll re-install the original tune before taking it in,just in case.. Easy enough to do with a Diablo tuner.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Just to make it clear on how warranties work, I'll offer this:

You have a warranty and Chrysler writes the terms of your warranty. However, there is also the Magnuson Moss Act that has a bearing on what rights a buyer and seller have with respects to a warranty.

If you have a warranty, and you modify a product, the seller may not be liable for any repairs under warranty should the modification be the root cause of the failure.

Conversely, if you modify a product and that modification was not the root cause of a failure, the seller still has an obligation to honor the warranty.

How this works...let's say you put a tune on your car and some time later your audio head unit fails. The tune did not cause the failure and the warranty terms must be honored.

On the other hand, let's say you put a tune on your car and your transmission fails. The dealer can more than likely attribute the tune as the root cause and deny warranty repairs.

Three things to remember here:

1. the burden of proof of whether or not a modification caused a failure can fall equally on both parties.

2. A seller cannot blanket void your entire warranty simply because you modified a product. Again, a failure has to be directly attributed to a modification.

3. Remove your tune before you go to the dealer. This will help you avoid the entire discussion, time and money taken up with negotiating resolution to a warranty claim due to a modification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts