Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here and had a general ? for all of you. Please input and give me your ideas. I just bought my new/used 300c last month and when i bought it i had no warr. available to me but I went to the dealership and they offered me a 7/70 on the powertrain. My car currently has 47k miles on it and runs great! I still decided to purchase the warr. Now the ? is should i keep it or should I just return the warr. ?? the warr only covers 300+ parts with the engine and trans only it seems. Also it is 7/70. I know ill prolly hit 70k in the next two years ??? what do you guys think keep the warr. or return it. I have 90 days from date of purchase to be reimbursed full amount! Please input should I keep it for mind sake or get my cash back!!! Thanks soo much!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
How much did you pay for the warranty?

It depends on the price you paid as to whether you should keep it or not.

Post the price you paid for the warranty, and we can compare it to what
other Chrysler dealerships are charging.

Jim

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Personally on a used car with that many miles on it I wouldn't bother with it. The powertrain warranty covers very little that's likely to go wrong. For example the alternator, water pump and any other parts that are bolted onto the engine aren't covered. Computers and sensors certainly won't be covered either.

If your car is in good mechanical repair now and you continue with schedualed maintenance, you're probably going to be fine. I'd be more concerned with the electronics in the vehicle.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how much you were charged for this limited coverage. Get your money back and flush & fill the tranny. It's getting close to needing it anyway.

Bernie

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the advice keep it coming....!!!!!!!! My car runs great no problems, idles fine, has real nice acceleration, smooth on the freeway up to 100mph so far. I think it would be a good idea to do plugs and wires, an oil change and tranny change and maybe a new air filter but that stuff is not covered by warr. anyway so I am just gonna do that myself.. The only main concern i see right now is the rear end housing on the bottom was a little wet I looked under there and it looks like it was coming out of the oil plug so prolly just some extra oil from being topped off before or something everything else looks dry around the half shafts and all!...I paid $800 for the 300+ drivetrain. 7/70. I know I will prolly be at 70k in the next two years so what do you guys think return the warr. and just enjoy my ride or keep it for piece of mind. I mean i really don't think it will have any problems I mean 47k miles and its running fine Prolly would have already had a problem dont cha think. Knock on wood!...Anyhow a few more inputs should I just do the scheduled maintance and return the warr.?? Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ps. I was really contemplating returning the warr. cause i could really use the $$ back. I know 800$ is not that much but its def. a good little chunk of change..

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I would ask for them to bump it to 100k at least given your present mileage... and if it's an '06 model then the lifetime warranty would have been available to the original owner... so extending a powertrain warranty to 100k should be a simple matter. And it also depends on what you paid for the little extra protection you got.

I purchased the lifetime on our '06 just before the original deadline, and now I'm not concerned about problems when we hit 100k+ miles on it... and we will. I also bought an extended warranty to 7yr/100k miles on the MSRT8 before it was a year old and still under 12k miles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm bro thats what i thought too but they said i could only get the 7/70 and i guess the orig. owner only has a 3/36 warr????? Im gettiing frustrated maybe i should just refund my warr. i mean **** the maintance i need to do is not covered anyway by the warr. I dont think...

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Hmmmm bro thats what i thought too but they said i could only get the 7/70 and i guess the orig. owner only has a 3/36 warr????? Im gettiing frustrated maybe i should just refund my warr. i mean **** the maintance i need to do is not covered anyway by the warr. I dont think...
Your plugs should have been changed at 30,000 miles. Can you find out from the dealer if that was done by them?

Bernie

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i asked the original owner he said he had it done but to be honest i have no record of it and im not sure where he had it done it prolly needs to be done it gets about 16.0 to 19.5 mpg. I am going to drop him another email and see if ican get an answer. I can change the plugs still thats not warr. covered so still thinking i should return the warr.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
If you "know" the owner you should ask him for any service records he has on the vehicle. You can't know too much history on a used car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yay i just emailed him again to try he had no physical (sp) paperwork maybe ill also call the dealer he sayd he bought the car from either way it doesnt hurt to do it again I just gotta buy the lugs and filter and stuff..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts