Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I brought the 300c (08) in to the dealer to have the MDS checked because I sometimes notice that it's a little 'sluggish' whenever the MDS is engaged. It feels like a 'shrug' that's noticeable.
The car is out of the original warranty but since I bought an extended warranty (can't remember the code) that basically doubles the original 3yr/60K warranty (bumper to bumper), I thought I'd be covered for almost any service outside of maintenance.
After doing a diagnostics they found the issue and apparently there's a sw update that addresses this. However, they told me that this is not covered under the warranty since 'no parts are being replaced'.
I thought this is BS but now I have to look at the fine print on the warranty.

Question is, is it true that this (diagnostics and sw update) won't be covered under the warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the the warranty code I purchased - Plan 410. I'm gonna be making a call to Chrysler's customer assistance to clear this up.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I found the the warranty code I purchased - Plan 410. I'm gonna be making a call to Chrysler's customer assistance to clear this up.
Read the text of the warranty yourself - - don't take the dealer's word for it or Chrysler's customer assistance either. The thing most people don't know is that while the dealer gets paid for warranty work, the labor rate is much less than 'customer pay' rates are. So neither the service department nor the technicians themselves really like warranty work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Customer service told me that sw updates are not covered by the warranty. I rebutted that the warranty does NOT say anywhere that sw upgrades are NOT covered and that I brought my car due to a possible problem.. which a TSB addresses. A former Chrysler mechanic friend told me that sw updates are a gray area when it comes to warranty/charge issue.
However, they will be contacting the dealer to talk about the situation and hopefully refund the charge for it.
Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i would suggest trying another dealer did you buy the car from the dealer thats telling you its not covered under the extended warranty

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the car from this same dealer which is the reason why I was pushing a little harder for the warranty argument with them. It's the only dealer I've ever brought my car to for maintenance and other service...maybe I'll be looking at other dealers from now on if they stand their ground.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Chrysler (not the dealer) decided to refund me for the SW update! Good ol customer service at its best.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
glad its going to get covered i have found the squeaky wheel gets greased so to speak i sure would let it be known to that dealership you bought the car from it will be your last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts