Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 06 300c with 24k miles. It still has the factory warrant until jan 09. The metal trim pieces on the interior two front doors, right next to the handles, are peeling. I searched and they are one-piece, but a company makes chrome ones that I think stick on. Do you think the warrant would cover them peeling pre-maturely? Also, any recommendations on cleaning the headliner and leather? One last question, the steering wheel is scratched along with the drivers side wood pull. I am almost 100% this isn't covered under warrant, but thought I should ask. Has anyone just painted the pulls and steering wheel, or would it be easier to find a walnut wheel and pull on ebay?

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you're referring to the "bumper to bumper" warranty running out in 09, then yes, you are covered for the peeling. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I just bought an 06 300c with 24k miles. It still has the factory warrant until jan 09. The metal trim pieces on the interior two front doors, right next to the handles, are peeling. I searched and they are one-piece, but a company makes chrome ones that I think stick on. Do you think the warrant would cover them peeling pre-maturely? Also, any recommendations on cleaning the headliner and leather? One last question, the steering wheel is scratched along with the drivers side wood pull. I am almost 100% this isn't covered under warrant, but thought I should ask. Has anyone just painted the pulls and steering wheel, or would it be easier to find a walnut wheel and pull on ebay?
The peeling metal trim on the doors should be covered under warranty.

I have used K2r Spot Lifter to clean the headliner and visors.
For the leather seats, I use Mopar Total Clean.

For the scratched wood, these are not covered under warranty.
You can try this TSB repair, but I am little skeptical.
I believe replacing the steering wheel is somewhat difficult, maybe due to the air bag. But I could be wrong.

Real Wood Trim Scratch Repair
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2301204.pdf

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
^^Thanks everyone. It is the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper, so hopefully the dealer will replace them. I am not as worried about the wheel as I can get a replacement on ebay or just have the wood sprayed to match.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the tsb for the wheel, do I just print it and show it to the dealer? How can they reject a service bulletin by Chrysler?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
This TSB is a half-ass fix and bogus TSB IMO. Instead of replacing the wheel the TSB makes the dealer repair the scratches.

This TSB states the following -

POLICY:
Damage occurring during shipment is reimbursable via transportation claim. Damage occurring while in dealer inventory is dealer responsibility. Damage caused after the sale of the vehicle is not covered under warranty

So the TSB basically tells a dealer to fix the wheel if the wheel is scratched while in their showroom, during a test drive, or received from the Chrysler plant with scratches. It doesn't cover the wheel under warranty after the car is sold.
I agree the wheel shouldn't be covered under warranty, but Chrysler is being real cheap by trying to get the dealer to repair scratches on a new steering wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts