Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just got my 07 car yesterday from a Chrysler dealer.
When I got it there were a couple of items that annoyed me, but I wanted the car, so I thought I would check here.

1. the book pack I got was for a Touring car and not a saloon. The dealer said they are all Touring, but the car is the same.
If there is a Saloon pack, then I want that one.

2. Only got one key and was told another would be 250 GBP. I must have a second key, but there must be another way. I saw adverts on the US ebay and wonder if anyone has tried this route. (also I did not get any pin number)

3. In the Arm rest there seems to be cut outs for something. I did not notice this at the showroom, but I would like to know what im missing.

any help will be appreaciated.

Thanks

Tk

·
Registered
623 Posts
I also have an 07 saloon, reg in July 07.

1 - The book has a picture of a saloon on the front. Can only assume therefore it it not for the Touring. Code on the back cover of the book is 81-426-07800

2 - We got 2 remote keys, definitely.

3 - If it is the cutouts on the top edge under the armrest, they are just to enable you to plug something in the the cigarette lighter port in the armrest cubby hole, for example power for a portable DVD. The cables can be ran out without the armrest being uneven. Nothing missing.

Sounds like the dealer is feeding you BS I'm afraid!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
HI TK,
Touring is the estate model - so without physically going out and checking on my own paperwork (and my car is a touring anyway) I would think you should have a saloon handbook if it is a saloon you have bought.
I don't think anyone has had to acquire a duplicate key as yet. There are instructions in the handbook for programming an extra key so buying one and getting it to work on the car shouldn't be that expensive. Some of the electronic parts do seem to differ between N American and the rest of the world so I would try and buy a key either in the Europe or Australia. N American cars are built at Brampton in Canada while all the rest are built in Graz, Austria (birthplace of Arnie Swar..... oh bugger it)
Are you talking about inside the central consol box? The moulded indentations - depends who you talk to on that one - one salesman actually told me they were to enable you to get your fingers down and under a CD box!!! Aye well. The other alternative is for money - but we all have them and I don't really think anyone is sure of thier purpose. I just put a welcome up for you on the other side (Newbies section) - so nice that you managed to find us over here all by yourself.
Cheers John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wow fast reply.

I have now left a message for the dealer to call me back.

Ive also been reading other posts about new keys.
I can see people talking about keys off ebay , but so far not found anyone that has one.

It looks like if I buy a blank from the US and then take it to a dealer here, it may be the safest way and about half the price.

as for the cut outs in the arm rest, they are the ones actually on the Flap you lift up.
AT first I thought it was a pen holder, but there are two of them and they are a little big

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wow fast reply.

I have now left a message for the dealer to call me back.

Ive also been reading other posts about new keys.
I can see people talking about keys off ebay , but so far not found anyone that has one.

It looks like if I buy a blank from the US and then take it to a dealer here, it may be the safest way and about half the price.

as for the cut outs in the arm rest, they are the ones actually on the Flap you lift up.
AT first I thought it was a pen holder, but there are two of them and they are a little big
Defo on two keys, get the second key FOC from them.
The handbook should be saloon not Touring
can you post a pic of the cutouts? I cannot visualise where they may be on the flat grey top or underneath?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi

Just got my 07 car yesterday from a Chrysler dealer.
When I got it there were a couple of items that annoyed me, but I wanted the car, so I thought I would check here.

1. the book pack I got was for a Touring car and not a saloon. The dealer said they are all Touring, but the car is the same.
If there is a Saloon pack, then I want that one.

2. Only got one key and was told another would be 250 GBP. I must have a second key, but there must be another way. I saw adverts on the US ebay and wonder if anyone has tried this route. (also I did not get any pin number)

Tk

Not sure about the handbooks, although it is entirely possible that the dealer is feeding you BS and has given you "Touring" books because that is what he has. However the 07 models definitely left the factory with two keys, so that's what you should have.

If you had refused to accept the car or finalise payment until the second key was provided, you might well have found the dealer's attitude undergoing a slight adjustment - but it's too late now. How about naming & shaming the dealer so that we know who to avoid ?

:pat:

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
I use mine for holding a couple of pens & the other for a mobile phone holder/panini holder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi

here is a pic.
It looks like one could be a pen holder, but then the other is a bit wierd, as for the centre slot, my phone falls right to the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ahhhhh, got you.

Not sure what they are for at all, pens at the sides but the middle one is definitely a mystery!

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
I tell you, its a Panini holder :twak: :twak:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
3. In the Arm rest there seems to be cut outs for something. I did not notice this at the showroom, but I would like to know what im missing.
...from the '07 US spec 'C' manual, pg. 153 (emphasis, mine):
STORAGE
Console Features
The center console contains a large storage bin. The
storage bin contains a four-slot coin holder (designed to
hold various size coins) and a rubber mat at the bottom of
the bin for noise control. The bin is large enough to hold
a portable AC/DC converter to power laptops, games, or
other electrical equipment. Two slots at the top right side
of the bin provide clearance for power cords to pass
conveniently out of the bin with the lid closed. This
feature is ideal for games, laptops, cell phones, or other
electrical equipment. The console’s front-opening lid
allows for easy access to the storage bin for the both the
driver and the front passenger. The inside portion of the
arm rest lid contains a penholder, a tissue holder, and a
tire gauge holder.

In addition to the internal storage, the console contains
two shift bezel cubby bins with rubber mats for holding
small items. For vehicles not equipped with navigation
radio, the console also contains an extra storage bin
located below the climate control, which holds up to four
CD jewel cases.
The gauge holder would be on the right, facing the inside of the lid. The tissue holder has to be for one of those little pocket packs of Kleenex or the like.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
My answer was funnier

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hi

here is a pic.
It looks like one could be a pen holder, but then the other is a bit wierd, as for the centre slot, my phone falls right to the bottom.
OK got you,,,,
A pen,
A garage door opener
and,,,,,,,,,,,
A rectal thermometer!
As like most 300C owners we all get a bit Anal:twak:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
My car came with two keys. My Audi came with no less than four keys (but for different purposes, eg mechanics key, emergency key, etc.). However, I was missing the CRD manual, which I eventually obtained from DCUK at Milton Keynes as the dealership were of no help in this matter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts