Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 CSRT8 and I was talking to this one guy after i raced him in his CSRT8 and he was telling me chrysler dealers were taking back 06's and fixing the moonroof (slight rattle), and putting the slotted rotors on as well (due to the non slotted squealing). Is there any truth to this?

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Tsb

the thing you're looking for is called a TSB, and there is one for the brakes if you have less than 12000 miles and you have rotor scoring. Get a copy, because every dealer is different about TSB's. Mine was a jerk!

You are entitled to slotted rotors and new pads at no charge if you qualify!

The sunroof rattle is common, just have the bolts tightened under Warranty. No TSB needed, very easy fix. Just check your headliner before and after for handprints!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have 22,000 miles so i cannot get free brakes. That sucks, but I can have the moonroof fixed for free?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
yeah i have 22,000 miles so i cannot get free brakes. That sucks, but I can have the moonroof fixed for free?
If you're still under warranty and you have a problem it will be covered as a warranty repair.

TSB's, or Technical Service Bullitens are not like "recalls". All they are meant for is to alert technicians of common problems that have been identified and what the "fix" is. If you're out of waranty you have to pay for repairs.

Here's the list of all current TBS's as kept and updated by ResumeSpeed - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ts...-tsbs-recalls-issued-2005-2008-lx-models.html. Have a look through them to familiarize yourself and what may be applicable to you. Don't go looking to have something done that you're not having problems with though!

Bernie

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts