Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we are in May. May 18th. Great Day. Just sent a check to Cowlitz County Court. Going 87 in a 70. $144. My second one in 3 months. There goes my insurance rates. I think being over 65 will help a little there.

I think I need to slow down and use the cruse control.

These Washington State cops have great technology. He got me from behind with radar, While he was moving !!!! I thought they sat on ramps to use radar so I was looking back over my shoulder to check the ramps.

Beautiful new shinny sedan. Dark green. Tinted windows so I could not see his lights inside the car. (Isn't that cheating ???)

I think I passed him and could not tell it was a cop because of the tinted windows and I was not paying attention to him. Stupid of me !!!

He knew he had a pigeon when I passed him. How dumb of me !!!

I was trying to catch a T-Bird that passed me. I 5 was empty around Kelso so I thought chasing the T-Bird would be fun. And, he acted like he would enjoy a race.

Have yet to get my Predator tune however. May be if I get the Predator tune I can out run the cop. What do you think ??

(E=MC2) means smart ass

·
Registered
223 Posts
Have yet to get my Predator tune however. May be if I get the Predator tune I can out run the cop. What do you think ??
out running cops is easy...its out running the radio thats hard!:pat:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
To outrun the cops, get the hell off the highway, kick through some back roads, make lots of turns, and make a big circle to a place you can park the car indoors (your house or ideally someone else's). If the chopper isn't in the air already, you're safe. A hideaway license plate helps immensely, especially if you live somewhere that doesn't require front plates.

Go stop/catch a rapist and leave the speeders alone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They also have a black chevy pickup truck that runs I5. I almsot passed him the other day but I saw a light bar installed in the canopy and when he slowed down he had a radio antenna that the cruisers usually have on top.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I hope you didn't just pay the tickets. I always go to court and it's really bad to just pay them without a fight. With two tickets in three months, if you don't go to court, you are going to get slammed with higher insurance premiums. Even if you just show up in court and plead guilty, the judge may be lenient and drop the points. Also, many times the cops are too busy to show up or they are sick, and if that happens the case is dismissed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cowlitz county, the county where I got the ticket, is 1 1/2 hours north. It is not like going to a court house downtown.

This is probably good advice. But when I got back to my office from this trip I wanted to get the ticket out of my mind so I paid it.

You know, these cops are normal Joes. They must be bored spending all day giving tickets when they could be chasing bad guy. Somewhere in the County is there boss's boss who is out of money. Now you don't make money catching bad guys. But you do giving tickets.

So their priority is to give tickets instead of helping people who are getting raped and robbed. It is a sick system.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
The speed cameras are even worse! I have received two speeding tickets [enforced by camera] in one month, and my wife just got one a couple of days ago in the exact same town (Laurel, MD). Fortunately, no points are involved with these tickets, and they are only $40 each, but they are really starting to add up. Every one of them was for speeding in a 30 mph speed limit zone. Mind you, these are places where EVERYONE goes over 30 mph. Even my slowpoke wife got a ticket, and that's saying something about how screwed up the speed camera system enforcement is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
All the states and counties and cities are running out of money. And, the *******s that WE have elected are deciding to use every means possible to fill the holes even if it means finding a way to screw you. These orders are passed down to the local Joes, the officers and they are directed to give as many traffic tickets as possible when they would much rather be catching bad guys. It is even happening with property taxes.

It is hard to find a good politician these days. They all think that your money belongs to them and their government.

In Oregon they used to give your money back when you pay more taxes than they need to spend. Not now!! They decided to keep the money in case they have a problem. They think it is their money.

They should fire all government employees that make over $100,000.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I don't know about firing all government employees that earn over $100K, but spending needs to be cut where it can. My wife and I pay mega taxes because we are "rich" LOL. Most married couples with double income get screwed when it comes to taxes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts